Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

She doesn’t support single payer healthcare/Medicare 4 All. That’s not good enough.

Ha!

Jerry Brown? of California Uber Ales by the Dead Kennedys fame!!!

Well there you go.

1 Like
3 Likes

So a circuit court panel of three judges where all three judges were elected by the Republicans has decided that a vote that had both names ticked is now actually a vote for the Rep. candidate and that in fact the election was a draw.

As can be seen, both names clearly marked and should be an invalid vote. This is the problem with what essentially become partisan courts.

1 Like

Haven’t the Dem leadership ‘pivoted’ since the election and are now saying that it is more important to preserve ObamaCare than it is to fight for a public option or universal healthcare?

For all the talk about Pelosi being a master legislator, all she really managed to achieve in her time as the house majority leader was passing a Republican designed healthcare policy (that was implemented by Mitt Romney in Mass); this despite having an initial super majority and a groundswell of popular support in the wake of the Bush era

1 Like

I’m this case that is fair enough. It’s pretty clear who that person intended to vote for.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter what the intent is, the form is invalid and should be discarded. Go get another form if necessary.

I may be wrong, but I’d imagine that was initially considered invalid and after a recount is called they go through all the invalid ballots and try to determine the intent of the voter.

In this case it is clearly a republican voter and I have no issues with the Judges decsion.

Since when did anyone have the ability to read minds? No-one but the voter knows what they intended. This is why we have invalid votes. Lets just assume that anyone who puts in a blank form is voting for the incumbent as well shall we?

edit: Or maybe they are voting for the challenger?

1 Like

There would be just as many, if not more, Democratic ballots in a similar boat, as long as these republican judges adjudicate with consistency I don’t see a problem.

Does Trump not realise Finland and California do not have the same Climate?

Or that managing Federal Lands is, you know, the federal government’s and therefore HIS job?

2 Likes

Probably not. He still thinks his inauguration was the largest crowd of all time. He has no grasp of policy and even less of reality.

2 Likes

Plus Finnish forests will be fir trees. And not much grows under fir trees. Rake up the dropped needles and you’re pretty much done.

Donny the Dropkick would be better off to compare their fires with ours if he must do the comparison thing.

2 Likes

Let’s face it the only fires Donald cares for are flaming crosses

3 Likes

Dems concede the Governorship of Florida to the Repubs.

That one is pretty clear really, the person was R and there is a cross out of the D on the two vote spot. On a tight recount these sort of things will happen (not saying I agree with counting the vote BTW, just saying it was clear this was an R voter).

This is not that unusual in US politics, I am not sure about here though, don’t we count this as invalid?

I’m not arguing what the voters intent was, because yes it is fairly obvious what their intent was. What I am arguing is the validity of the vote itself. It is clearly marked incorrectly and it should therefore be classified (as it initially was) as invalid.

Recounts that involves multiple court cases will count this vote, it generally has in US politics.

All I see is a 3rd world system that the UN would butt in and stop, if it happened in Africa.

7 Likes

Serious question. Are there UN Observers at US elections?

2 Likes