Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Lots happening tonight. Mueller is painstakingly making the case.

“Put together all the clues, and Occam’s Razor comes to mind: The most obvious scenario is the most likely scenario . And the most likely scenario now is that there was no division between the apparent Trump-Russian collusion on business matters and in the election. The coincidences are piling up. The conversations are piling up.

And Mueller’s evidence is clearly piling up as well.“

That’s pure speculation, the author has zero idea what evidence Mueller has on Trump.

1 Like

I think we are getting to the end game here. Mueller needs to wrap this up soon before the GOP pulls the rug out from under him.

From how Trump operates and what is known about his business ethics and past history, it is reasonable to expect something to be found. But what that is, if anything hasn’t yet been released.

1 Like

Similar dynamic in electoral politics, as the Democrats slowly claw back their influence around the country at the state level the Republicans slowly whittle away the long-established powers of these newly elected Democratic positions, in what is essentially the political version of Scorched Earth policy.

1 Like

Thread on twitter breaking down the court documents for Cohen’s testimony.

I haven’t really read what he did so it may well be correct, however prosecutors will always say the maximum on any issue as they want to the guy found guilty, it cannot really be used to confirm or deny it, the judgment when it comes though generally can.

The thread breaks down the testimony. It’s the best info I’ve seen so far of what they have on Trump.

1 Like

Beyond the fact that they are federal crimes that seem likely to place Cohen in prison I don’t know much about what is normal or not in this scenario.

That just cracks me up. New York real estate shyster claims man who was CEO of ExxonMobil for 11 years is dumb as a rock and lazy. He may be a lot of things, but those two he certainly is not.

6 Likes

He’s a child.

It’s obvious the Tillerson thinks Trump is dumb and lazy.

The best comeback Trump has is, no you’re dumb and lazy.

5 Likes

I think Trump is actually dumber than a rock.

4 Likes

John Kelly is stepping down and will be gone by years end. No one lasts long in a Trump WH…except him.

And if you are wondering if there is a tweet where Trump smashes Obama for a high turnover in this position then yes there is. There is always a tweet.

You get a fair picture of Trump if you take all his criticisms, jibes, insults and insinuations, and simply apply them back to him.

Call me dumb and lazy, but I LOVE the “No, YOU ARE” comeback.

1 Like

Bizarrely this is Trump in a nutshell.

1 Like

5 Likes

“maybe protect the environment.” - is a step in the right direction at least

… and another ones gone, … another one bites the Dust.

John Kelly gone now. Wonder what sycophantic clown this one will be replaced with?