Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Yep, … you could add the rolling back of Clean Air Wetlands and Water legislation.

Now rolled back beyond laws instituted by not only GW Bush, but back beyond laws enacted by the recently departed George HW Bush. It’s a serious and dangerous reversal. If Flynt Michigan was bad, … the US aint seen nothing compared to what will come after the roll backs of these essential protections.

Hopefully now they are being challenged, the Court system will show some common sense,… something the Drumpf administration is clearly completely bereft of. It was a staggeringly stupid thing to do.

Sorry, I did add links but they were not showing up. So, I have bolded them. Should be able to click through…

1 Like

I agree some of it is opinions. You can compare the Republican policy initiatives that have occurred versus the Democrat policy positions during the election, but there is no certainty the Democrats would have implemented them (e.g. the minimum wage increase, Dream act, etc.). It would also have depended on if they controlled the two houses. This is all “what if”, although some is more likely than others.

Where I think it is more objective is where Trump’s team in the different departments and the legislation the Republicans have passed differs wildly from the Democratic platform and the observable behaviour of the Dems under Obama. And almost across the board this stuff has been negative. The policy changes on credit companies, student debt, the tax laws, the environmental protections, etc. We know what the Republicans tried to pass on health care, and that they missed by a single vote.

Finally there is a group which is a lot less different than portrayed by Liberals. An example would be the travel bans - a significant proportion of the countries impacted were already on restrictions under Obama. Of course, Trump expanded those in ways that was pretty cruel to a lot of people.

2 Likes

4 Likes

His mother taught him that if you have nothing nice to say (about your boss), say nothing.

No ■■■■. He doesn’t know how to close an umbrella.

2 Likes

Senate moves to end US war aid to KSA in Yemen.

■■■■■■■ finally.

Well done Bernie.

2 Likes

WSJ reports that Trump’s Inaugural Committee is now under investigation by federal prosecutors. They say that it arose directly from information gathered following Michael Cohen’s arrest.

The Trumps are so deeply criminal that they can’t see a pot of money without stealing some of it! Amazing.

This was spoken about at the time. 10’s of millions going to dodgey companies.

To make sure he continued to rob all his supporters are the election. He set up his relection campaign within 5 hours so he could keep paying rent to his business at inflated prices.

1 Like

Fascinating article:

1 Like

Anyone that pays money for 3 Doors Down to perform should get life.

3 Likes

FXD.

If they go crazy then will you still call them superman

1 Like

Imagine being Mueller, everytime he follows a lead he uncovers a new felony and a handful of misdemeanours which he then has to handover to the appropriate state or federal prosecutors.

3 Likes

Ha, when normal everyday crime gets in the way of an international felony. I hope he delegates selectively.

1 Like

Mick Mulvaney, currently the Trump’s Director of the Office of Management and Budget, has been named as the acting Chief of Staff.

Which is interesting because Trump’s was reportedly adamantly against having a temporary acting appointment. Ayers who played a role in the removal of Kelly, and was intended to take the role before he bolted, was willing to serve in an acting capacity for a couple of months but this was rejected by Trump - though that could simply be because he was so miffed at Ayers. Previously, and following a succession of “sorry, but other plans” from a COS possibilities, Kelly had agreed to stay on till the end of Jan.

1 Like

WRONG! He closed that umbrella like a rich person. By having a poor person do it for him.

6 Likes

Betty Davis forced to cancel $150m student loan debt after losing court battle

I mentioned in how Trump is different loans. One example is this one, where Democrats passed laws to help with student debt, and Trump’s appointee Betsy Davis is only now following the legislation. After being forced to by the courts. Betsy worked for the private debt/student industry, and funnily enough has been screwing over consumers and debtors ever since.

$150m is a lot of average Americans impacted by this administration.

Edit: it actually got signed by Bush after being passed by the two Dem houses.

Betsy DeVos.

2 Likes

Betty Davis and Betsy Davis?

Betsy DeVos might be the better option.

2 Likes