Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

You know that he basically was the sole reason Amazon raised it’s minimum wage to $15/hr

He was the driving force behind the Senate’s movement to stop all military assistance to KSA RE: Yemen

1 Like

I voted for Bernie over Hillary in the California primary and I agree with all that. My preference (VERY early days) would be a Kamal Harris / Beto O’Rourke ticket. Much can change in the next 15months.

2 Likes

Kind of pathetic that the Deomcrats rorted their own voting system for that war monger Clinton.

2 Likes

And Medicare for All committee now being set up in the House. Plus is a strong advocate for climate change and the environment.

Why is Hillary a warmonger any more than any US President or Secretary of State ?

Trump is withdrawing troops and threatening to drop a Nuke. Obama and all Presidents before him pushed the same US Foreign a Policy of protecting US interests across the globe and pushing their brand of democracy on everyone.

Hillary was just part of the same system, where generally Americans love war.

3 Likes

They did not. She would have been the most qualified individual to ever be president whether you personally like her or not.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/11/04/no-the-dnc-didnt-rig-the-democratic-primary-for-hillary-clinton/?utm_term=.203b877e6f54

2 Likes

I had a meeting at the Pentagon with lots of generals. They were like from a movie. Better looking than Tom Cruise, & stronger. And I had more generals than I’ve ever seen, & we were at the bottom of this incredible room. I said, 'this is greatest room I’ve ever seen.

Crushed up Adderall through a straw 2019

1 Like

#HottieGenerals

Bernie running as an independent would be a gift to Trump.

What is the Pay Go bill?

Please.

It was absolutely rigged. Read the Podesta emails, read the tranche of stuff that WikiLeaks provided. The DNC was giving Hilary notice of questions in primary debates ffs and why do you think Debbie Wasserman-Schultz resigned? They were conspiring to ensure Hilary won the nomination.

On top of that you have the charity events from celebs like Clooney where it was said that all $$ was going to down ballot candidates and we know it went to the Clinton Foundation/campaign

1 Like

Bernie is the most popular politician in the U.S by a country mile. He would demolish Trump.

Pay Go (or Pay As You Go)Basically all spending needs to be matched by increases in revenues or cuts in other areas. It’s a foolish austerity type bill which does nothing but kneecap any progressive agenda.

Put me in the corner that says a progressive agenda is not necessarily what America needs. Or even a moderate, or a conservative one. It just needs a return to something more competent and considered, or at least a return to something approaching more normal levels of dysfunction and corruption. To not be beholden to the Insane Clown Posse’s grift.

1 Like

They’re already trying to stop Bernie from running again.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/bernie-sanders-fans-can-t-be-allowed-poison-another-democratic-ncna953976?fbclid=IwAR35qh0r7nkMTBY4jhTRfQsH_gF4o5MlvQhI4DRp-G_uFxz88Iyxd9jbC7k

I have never seen this much Democratic infighting at any time in my life. They tell me the last time it was this bad was in 1968 after RFK got shot.

He’s not a perfect candidate by any means, but clearly he represents a threat to everything the Democratic establishment stands for.

I’m already starting to have the same bullshit arguments with family and friends that I had two years ago, over ideological purity and compromise.

I’m terrified that we’ll end up with Biden or some other centrist stooge and Trump wins again when nobody under 30 shows up to vote again.

2 Likes

That may well happen. What is also very likely is that unlike the Bernie + Hillary (and no one else) show of last time we will have multiple new, young, and diverse candidates vying for the Dem nomination. My preference for the ticket is stated above. We need youth and one other thing Bernie (and his Bernie-bros) have been unable to do, activate the minority vote.

The Mid terms would tell you that is unlikely to be a problem.

My expectation is it is likely to be the highest turn out of that demographic in history.

1 Like

I don’t understand how someone threatening to withdraw troops from a war he didn’t start makes him a warmonger. If Clinton had’ve won the world would be a much scarier place right now.
Yes you’re right though, they’ve all pushed their imperialism on other countries when they want their gas and/or oil. Funny how there’s a lot of crap countries in the world with dictators that they couldn’t give two ■■■■■ about.

4 Likes

It’s the demographic which Bernie cultivates the majority of his support. If Bernie runs as an independent, he would win a general election in a landslide against Trump IMO.

Anyway, Pelosi has just been sworn in, and the Dems have control, and the power to make this prickz life a living nightmare now.

Let the implosion begin.

Isn’t Bernie almost 80 years old? Why would you even want him to run again?

1 Like

You know they will put up some corporate dingbat.