Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

There won’t be any resolving the gun issue anytime soon sadly.

1. If all the mass killings don’t drive change then nothing (outside of civil war / uprising against the government ) will

2. the biggest issue is deaths outside of the mass killings. Having a gun in the home increases your chance of dying from homicide and suicide by 200 and 400%. Mass shooting just a tiny minority of US gun deaths.

They US is too far gone down this path for it to change. Any other country changes on mass civilian deaths. Not the US. So the question is what does it take to see change? I can only see sustained violence against th government and government institutions (that said they don’t even see the attacks against institutions from trump etc so maybe not)

Ban bullets, or allow the victims families to sue the gun suppliers.

1 Like

Reportedly he was banned from holding a gun and had handed some in, but had a home made gun and several others registered under another name.

The best was her (now deleted) insta post where she tagged all of her designer crap in it while on a tax funded trip. LOL. This is what we need in Aus tbh. Just taking the ■■■■.

Nice one Jacinta

6 Likes

correct, I saw somewhere that something like 13 bills have tried to be passed relating to guns and solely to do with the waiting period and background checks done on people that have not passed.

Even with all the nutjobs in america who shouldn’t have guns, they’d rather them have and get guns and shoot places up, rather than risk limiting americans ability in anyway shape or form to get them.

The sooner america destroys itself the better i say, let the good eggs migrate to canada or somewhere nice and the rest, just nuke the shithole.

1 Like

Hmm, DKP goes the nuclear option, proposing to kill more people than even the NRA can dream of doing.

There are some wild incongruities there.

2 Likes

I only read about 30% of this and had to stop. Need to finish it…

Democrat Senator Al Franken now under the microscope for his past behaviour towards women.

Yes. Yet another example. This might be the one good thing to come out of an alleged molester/assaulter living in the White House. Women have had enough and abuse of power needs to be outed. And, we must re-examine our own allegiances. I know I am with Bill Clinton.

I know how women around me felt like they’d been punched in the gut when he was elected, and they are half a world away. I imagine that reaction was stronger up close.

I read a short blurb talking about the millions paid out by Congress to settle harrassment/assault claims. Paid with taxpayer dollars mind you, not the individual member’s private funds.

If bad behaviours don’t have consequences they don’t change. I think we are seeing the re-introduction of consequences for the formerly coddled.

Yep. $15million. Secretly paid out of taxpayer funds. Here is the worse bit. In order to get to a position to even qualify for a settlement, the victim must:

1. Undergo 30-day mandatory counseling
  2. Participate in a 30-day mediation with the accused
  3. Go away for a 30-day “cooling off” period
  4. Then, after all this bull-crap, be allowed to formally sue

AND, all of this MUST happen within 180 days of the actual incident or they could not sue.

Certainly a process stacked against victims.

Meanwhile Kushner has continued his habit of forgetting things, by forgetting to include things in his response to a Senate subpeona. If this were a normal administration he would have long since lost his security clearance.

Also Don Jnr and Eric will now be able to bring their elephant trophies home from Africa as Don Snr adds to the list of things he only unraveled because they were put in place by Obama.

Why didn’t this all happen while Clinton was the molester/assaulter in the WH?

Attitudes have changed in the last twenty years.
That goes to CK, as well.
And there is still a difference between consensual acts between a person who holds (real ,or less tangible in Louis’ case) power over another, and grabbing a woman’s ■■■■ without asking.

Lol, a Fox News presenter points out a few facts about the Clinton uranium “scandal” and fox viewers lash out:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/nov/15/fox-news-anchor-debunks-networks-clinton-uranium-scandal-sparking-fury

Seems they don’t like facts, they much prefer their ‘special’ view of the world.

1 Like

Powerful men have been powerfully protected. At least it is changing. After all it was only last year when Trump survived 17 separate accusers and effectively an admission on tape of how he behaves. Only up until very recently that anything would stick to Weinstein.

Not only survived, he got elected President. Bizarre.

Now they are killing net neutrality which means internet providers can now start selling “packages” of what sites you can access for how much.

This is what is happening in Portugal: