Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Is this supposed to be a joke that I’m not getting?
Boats?
Maybe I’m incredibly naive?

Edit: Also, Goth Hospital?

3 Likes

It’s kind of ironic that Republicans will go to any length to protect an unborn baby’s health, and then go to the same lengths to make it as difficult as possible to get decent healthcare once the baby is actually born.

7 Likes

It’s Florida. Boats’n’hoes, yawl!

I’m more concerned about the droopy balls state, personally.

6 Likes

lol.
I just saw ‘Racist’ up the top.

1 Like

You haven’t found Kevin James yet? I think it is Tennesee.

This…um…isn’t great…

1 Like

Its not great for Manafort personally, but for the rest of us isn’t it a bit more ‘meh’? If anything, this gives Mueller’s team more leverage to squeeze him tighter for anything he was holding back on, and shows that they must have multiple sources to be able to prove that he was lying beyond reasonable doubt. It seems to indicate that Mueller has heaps of ammunition, which to me sounds, well, great.

2 Likes

The underlying problem with the rise of corporate power (US or here) is that the corporates employ a lot more lobbyists and lawyers to make policy than there are actual elected policy makers.
And they’re in it for the long term, politicians think in 3 or 4 year cycles.

3 Likes

You have to wonder why he lied and risked losing his deal - which has happened. Now that he is likely to go to jail for life I can only see 2 possible reasons.

1. he’s dealt with some of the world’s shadiest characters. Like a regular crim he is keeping his mouth shut so he doesn’t get knocked off

2. he expects trump to consolidate power and then pardon him but that only happens if he doesn’t through trump under the bus. Thus the lies.

Either way, to lie about your Russian connections and risk life in prison is an amazing thing to do. Sentencing on the 13th of March

2 Likes
  1. He thought he was really really really smart and that he could get away with it, and he was wrong. Dunning-Kruger effect strikes again.

Lotsa that going around in politics at the moment.

4 Likes
  1. Expects a pardon.

Unbelievable. From Andrew McCabe formerly Director of the FBI.

—-
People do not appreciate how far we have fallen from normal standards of presidential accountability. Today we have a president who is willing not only to comment prejudicially on criminal prosecutions but to comment on ones that potentially affect him. He does both of these things almost daily. He is not just sounding a dog whistle. He is lobbying for a result. The president has stepped over bright ethical and moral lines wherever he has encountered them. Every day brings a new low, with the president exposing himself as a deliberate liar who will say whatever he pleases to get whatever he wants.
—-

2 Likes

While I agree that Trump is an idiot, it is not a good look to have the FBI actively seeking out ways to remove the POTUS.

That is not a good look at all.

Trump is going to declare a “National Emergency” to build the wall. Mitch McConnell (he of no spine) is now suddenly supportive.

Never thought I would agree with Marco Rubio but as he warned get ready for a “President Kamala Harris” to declare a national emergency on climate change, guns, healthcare etc.

Pandora’s Box is open for business.

1 Like

Literally a minute since my post above!

34%20PM

Hi Ho, Hi Ho,… it’s off to Court they go, …

1 Like

King Donald I

1 Like

I do understand this point, and don’t think it’s unreasonable.

However this is a pretty unique situation we are dealing with and I think it throws up very tricky ethical questions, especially as they relate to public servants and the duties they perform.

I don’t pretend to have the answers to any of those questions, by the way, and I suspect they’ll be debated and discussed in journals and books long after Trump is gone

It isn’t a great look, but it’s hard to blame the FBI for the position Trump has put them in.

The FBI aren’t considering says to remove trump because he’s an idiot, they’re doing it because he’s a crook. And seeking out & prosecuting crooks is kinda the FBIs thing, but when a crook is in the presidency, jurisdictionally things get tricky…

10 Likes

Every other country that adopted the American style of government ended up in a dictatorship.

Just saying.

There’s a major upside in the fbi having the balls to investigate a sitting president.

1 Like