Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Trump cops 1000 times more than that every day of the week.
Does the same principle apply to him or is the inference he can take it but poor delicate females cannot.

1 Like

The way the democrats handled the Bill Clinton sexual allegations was pretty poor. It was also two decades ago. Do you honestly believe that any party should be tethered to its actions from that long ago? So no party can support SSM, believe in climate change, believe in women and indigenous people getting the vote, because their parties didn’t support those stances in the past?

Society, and parties grow up.

The fact that the Democrats handled the issue wrong two decades ago doesn’t suddenly give Republicans a free pass now. They have every standing as anyone with any morals should. I would also point out that the Democrats entered a raft of legislation around access to health care, equal pay and discrimination for women under Obama. It was the Republicans who fought these, blocked them, and are now undoing the gains the Democrats did make. So take this false equivalency rubbish elsewhere.

It has also been pointed out numerous times that these women often have no chance of redress (civil or criminal) under the law. The issues are often too long ago, or on a criminal basis the burden of proof is too high. So what you’re really advocating is that they should just keep quiet, have nothing change and we can all go along nicely as we were…

Finally, the only reason its a partisan issue in politics is because one side doesn’t have a problem putting sexual harassers and paedophiles into office.

If you really think saying something like that about a woman or a gay man doesn’t have significantly different connotations to saying it about a straight male, you have had your head in the sand since being a teenager.

4 Likes

Trump asks for it every day of the week. He’s the Pres, and a moron, so no the principle doesn’t apply.

The inference is that people who take positions in society to lead other people are held to a higher standard than your average Joe and Mary.

There is also a difference between statements based in fact and those on lies. Many of the statements about Trump are over the top and ridiculous, but many are also based around what he’s been doing and saying.

Well 4 people have been charged already.

The most interesting person so far is Flyn, who was facing very serious charges (noting the charges had nothing to do with Trump or his time with Trump). However he was offered a plea deal, no serious charges laid, only an inconsequential, lied to the FBI. What or Whom has Flyn given up to secure this deal?

Looks like Moore will win with 76% of the vote counted.

Oh please, what a load of backwards tripe. If he had come out and said she is a sl ut and a wh ore, then yes, his words are pathetic. But the reality is he said it about a politician who has been known to do anything to get funding, like almost all of them do. And that means she is willing to do deals and trade political favours to get the money flowing in.

Actually, I may be wrong. The NY Times thinks Jones may win, as the last 22% of the vote to be counted is expected to lean towards him.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-roy-moore-doug-jones

Better a long term child molesting sex offending hypochristian than a democrat, hey?

Or even worse: A black.

Shitstain of a place.

You made me waste a precious rant.

It’s still a shitstain.

3 Likes

And amazingly but not surprisingly, only just.

Want to point me to some examples?
You seem to have your head in the sand about how this is generally interpreted in society. But then, you have been carrying an awful lot of the Republican’s water recently.

I haven’t been carry shyte about the republicans, can’t stand them tbh. I have always been obvious about that, although it appears you haven’t been paying attention and just want to throw out a cheap shot, bit like CNN.

I just hate the Dems a lot more at present because of pathetic individuals like Pelosi and Clinton.

Maybe as Benny has said, the next gen will clean the place up a bit.

It staggers my thinking that someone would vote for him? Then again, they voted for Trump.

ALABAMA!!! Jones Wins!!!

7 Likes

Beat an accused pedophile by ~10k votes. Good job America.

4 Likes

■■■■ yeah.

Going to distance yourself again from the loss Dump?

Should have beaten him by a lot more than that.

ps unless you were being sarcastic

Zoe Daniel ABC’s Chief reporter in USA (also an Essendon supporter) reporting very subdued atmosphere at Moore’s campaign HQ.

“Moore? TOTAL loser. Didn’t stick to my PLAN.”

11 Likes