Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

That is bullocks. It is coming up because the information was discovered and Mueller had them removed from their jobs. This wasn’t leaked by the Republicans and if you had bothered to read the information that can be found on just about every news website you would see that.

This wasn’t two people having a private conversation with personal opinions, this was two people having this conversation while on a particular job. It is why they were removed. Mueller needs to make sure the job is clean so that the republicans can’t just call it it out and refuse it.

If this was minor no one would be talking about it.

And no one expects people who don’t have opinions to do this work, what they do expect is a little professionalism and not making Mueller’s job any harder than it is.

1 Like

The investigation will certainly need to be as squeaky clean and straight laced as humanly possible.

1 Like

It needs to be, it is the only real way to maybe get the buffoon out.

Too busy with Pizzagate and, Seth Rich investigations.

2 Likes

“Drain the swamp” LOL.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/white-house-aide-omarosa-manigault-newman-to-depart-in-january-1513183854?__twitter_impression=true

Just pointing out a difference in perspective. You make that sentence, I would make it more like “their attempts to bring to light the barely shadowed corruption of the entire Republican movement in its current incarnation will be hindered in every low handed way possible”. Too flowery probably.

The last thing the Dems are going to do is try and expose every seedy part of the republicans…because that will expose all their seedy work too. They just want to do enough to bring down Trump and get back into power without upsetting the apple cart too much.

True enough, I wasn’t really having a go at you much as it might’ve seemed. Perspective.

I know, i was juts adding some more, that’s all.

Reflecting on the Alabama result- the fact the bloke almost won is a ■■■■■■■ indictment on society.

7 Likes

On the other hand it is remarkable that such a red State would swing so far.
Not only the black vote, it was down quite a bit for white females, and abstentions/ write ins higher than normal, so quite a few, while not voting for Jones, did not vote for Moore.
Exit poll with women having daughters under 18 was pro Jones.

Considering the elf that had the seat before won the last election with over 65% and trump won the state in a landslide, this is a remarkable result for the Dems.

Means the Dems will compete for any seat or office that is remotely winnable. Republicans need to be prepared for an all out assault in 2018.

Surprised that any blacks were allowed to vote at all.

1 Like

It’s corruption in plain view. They should start a USEC or some such.

Tom Fitton on FoxNews trying to make the case for not just shutting down Mueller but the entire FBI because, and to quote, “it was turned into a KGB-type operation by the Obama administration”.

3 Likes

Fox is weird.

1 Like

I watch a bit of Fox News just to ensure I get some views I wouldn’t normally. Most of the people on there are nuts. Hannity, Carlson are crazy. This network began after the laws around media bias changed ie. you know longer needed to present both sides of an argument.

It’s getting quite scary with regard to the feedback loops that people get themselves in particularly with social media. I have US friends who describe me as ‘extreme leftwing’ simply because their reference point is Fox News and breitbart articles floating around on Facebook and mine range from the guardian and BBC through to The National Review.

Until facebook’s algorithm is destroyed or changed the bubble nature of all of this is only going to get worse.

6 Likes

There goes the interwebs.

1 Like

Sigh…
How long before Australia follows their lead.