Missing/crashed planes, and other aviation mis/adventures

777-200 flight KL to Bejing is missing and several hours over due.

Flight has 7 Australians and 2 kiwis on board out of 227 + 12 crew.

Shades of AF477 again?

That's no good.

Vietnam media quote Navy Admiral Ngo Van Phat saying military radar recorded #MH370 crashing into sea 153 miles south of Phu Quoc island.

:frowning:

Will be extremely unlikely there are any survivors, I hope there is though.  Terrible for all the families and workers.

Thats pretty full on.  Eerie when they say "it just lost contact".

I hate hearing about this stuff, I'm a terrible flyer. I just got home from a trip to the US 2 weeks ago, we hit some  turbulence near Orlando and I've never been so freaked out on a flight, the guy sitting next to me was praying which didn't help my confidence much.

Shades of AF477 again?

maybe, although the 777 has a longer and much better safety record than the 330 airbus.

:frowning:

I hate hearing about this stuff, I'm a terrible flyer. I just got home from a trip to the US 2 weeks ago, we hit some  turbulence near Orlando and I've never been so freaked out on a flight, the guy sitting next to me was praying which didn't help my confidence much.

Next time that happens, turn to the bloke next to you and say "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines".

Next time that happens, turn to the bloke next to you and say "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines".

Or you could mark out a pentagram, take off your clothes and calling to Satan.

I've read my Dennis Wheatley.

At least two passengers reported flying on stolen passports.

Shades of AF477 again?

maybe, although the 777 has a longer and much better safety record than the 330 airbus.

No doubt. Also the pilot is vastly more experienced and there was no weather in the area to speak of.

Mate of mine was at the same airport last night waiting for a 777. Says the place was eerie as.

No prizes for guessing which direction the investigation might take. Although no-one is claiming responsibility, which after 24 hours you'd think they might have.

No prizes for guessing which direction the investigation might take. Although no-one is claiming responsibility, which after 24 hours you'd think they might have.

Yep. That would not have been news pre "the war on whoever is in the sights this month terror."

It's strange that the pilot didn't radio through any problems with either the plane or any passengers though.

Then again, we're not likely to be told anything about what actually happened, not at this stage anyway.

We will know what happened in about 7 years time when they do an episode of Air Crash Investigstions based on it.

Maybe it’s tied in with Ben’s “are we alone” thread!

We will know what happened in about 7 years time when they do an episode of Air Crash Investigstions based on it.

That â– â– â– â– â– â–  show is the reason I'm a terrible flyer. I know I shouldn't watch but it's addictive, when I'm on terra firma that is :D

I noticed they were screening an episode onboard a flight from Cairns to Melbourne once, I watched the simpsons.

That â– â– â– â– â– â–  show is the reason I'm a terrible flyer. I know I shouldn't watch but it's addictive, when I'm on terra firma that is :D

I noticed they were screening an episode onboard a flight from Cairns to Melbourne once, I watched the simpsons.

The more firmer, the less terror?