Missing/crashed planes, and other aviation mis/adventures

It was flown to Diego Garcia military base in the Indian Ocean because members of the passenger list were working for a high tech weapons company and the Americans wanted the Intel.

Its lying somewhere on the bottom of the ocean*

*may not be crazy enough

Sure about that?

Everyone is slowly not caring anymore... Plane is GOOWWNNNEEE

everyone knows it crashed and is at the bottom of the ocean somewere

were just losing interest because we know the chances of finding it now are almost impossible 

I feel for the families though - they can't bury their loved ones and don't have a place to go mourn their loss.

everyone knows it crashed and is at the bottom of the ocean somewere

were just losing interest because we know the chances of finding it now are almost impossible 

I feel for the families though - they can't bury their loved ones and don't have a place to go mourn their loss.

It must just be horrendous for the families. Like when people have family missing, last seen on a corner or at the shops then disappear. Must spend the rest of their life wondering what happened.

Woman Claims She Saw Missing Malaysian Air Flight While Sailing In Indian Ocean

Daily-Caller-158by27_174921.png 
4 hours ago

Reuters Videos

British Yachtswoman says she saw MH370 in flames
2014-06-04T095559Z_1_LOVEA530RLAVL_RTRMA

She saw in early March, but is only now coming forward because she did not believe her eyes at the time.

Tee said that while she and her husband Marc Horn were sailing across the Indian Ocean from India to Thailand, she spotted what looked like a plane on fire during the night of March 7. She thought she was hallucinating, but after the media coverage, she looked up the flight plan of the aircraft and discovered their journeys intersected, Business Insider reports.

“It caught my attention because I had never seen a plane with orange lights before so I wondered what they were,” Tee said. “It looked longer than planes usually do. There was what appeared to be black smoke behind it. Since that‘s not something you see every day, I questioned my mind. I was looking at what appeared to be an elongated plane glowing bright orange, with a trail of black smoke behind it. It did occur to me that it might be a meteorite. But I thought it was more likely that I was going insane.”

The more interesting observation Tee made was that the plane was not alone.

“There were two other planes well above it — moving the other way — at the time,” she said. “They had normal navigation lights. I remember thinking that if it was a plane on fire that I was seeing, the other aircraft would report it.”

Since authorities still haven‘t found the plane, Tee feels bad for not saying something sooner.

“Will this help the authorities of the families get closure? I have no idea … but I chose to sweep it under the carpet and now I feel really bad,” she said. â€Maybe I should have had a little more confidence in myself. I am sorry I didn‘t take action sooner.”

The search for the missing flight still continues.

Crank? Very possible and more than likely. Raises more issues than it answers, but it should and will be followed up.

I saw it too, when I was waiting in traffic on the Eastern Fwy the other day.

What’s the bet she goes missing

Why did she think she might be hallucinating? You don't come to that conclusion unless you have reason to believe you might be.

But I thought it was more likely that I was going insane.

Maybe I should have had a little more confidence in myself

i feel sorry for your husband lady.

Another one:

“Malaysian Airlines plane crashes in east Ukraine near Russian border: reportsJuly 18, 2014 - 1:50AM

NICK MILLER

London: A Malaysian Boeing 777 en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur has crashed in eastern Ukraine near Donetsk, according to online reports.

On board were 280 passengers and 15 crew, Russia‘s Interfax news agency said.

Anti-Russian activists in the Ukraine claimed it was shot down over territory controlled by pro-Russian separatists.

Interfax quoted a source in aviation circles saying the flight was about 80 kilometres from Russian airspace.

The plane wreckage was said to be on fire.

Euromaidan PR linked to several videos showing thick plumes of smoke coming from an unidentified site.

Ukarine‘s Espreso TV reported that pro-Russian militants had recently received anti-aircraft weapons capable of shooting down planes at high altitudes.

However there was not yet any official confirmation of the crash, or its cause. 

Malaysia Airlines has lost contact of MH17 from Amsterdam. The last known position was over Ukrainian airspace. The airline has confirmed by Twitter that it has lost the passenger plane.

Malaysia Airlines has lost contact of MH17 from Amsterdam. The last known position was over Ukrainian airspace. More details to follow.

— Malaysia Airlines (@MAS)July 17, 2014

More details to follow.”

http://m.theage.com.au/world/malaysian-airlines-plane-crashes-in-east-ukraine-near-russian-border-reports-20140718-zu9p2.html

This is insane! The crisis in Ukraine just became global. Absolutely insane!

Apparently, it may have been shot down.

Odd thing is…

There seems to be some thought on it being shot down by Russians not Ukrainians.

Apparently, Ukraine don’t have the necessary equipment to take down a plane at that altitude.

There are 4 major instances of civilian planes being shot at/down. 3 of them involve Soviet Union / Russia (if MH17 was shot down). The 4th was the USS Vincennes shooting down the Iran Air jet.

In this day and age?!?!

This and whats happening in Israel/Gaza (3 Israeli teenagers murdered and then yesterday 4 kids killed on a beach in Gaza) just makes me ashamed of being a human.

Wow ! This could be the death knell of Malaysian Airlines. Two major disasters in less than 6 months.

Wow ! This could be the death knell of Malaysian Airlines. Two major disasters in less than 6 months.

Very likely. I have flown them a lot and always had a good experience. 

Very likely. I have flown them a lot and always had a good experience.
I'm not sure this particular one should be compared with the one earlier in the year.
This one was over airspace that plenty of other planes have been flying over for the past few months. Even though it's been rather dangerous due to the conflicts in this area, they've still flown over there. Mainly because the conflict was more ground related, but it has escalated recently without any change to the flight patterns.
I think there was mention that this particular plane may have had to fly a little further north due weather problems which may have caused them not to be in the flight path they preferred to use. But this hasn't really been confirmed yet.
Too early to tell what exactly has happened here.
One thing...
If they cannot find the black box, then this is going to really dent MH.

27 Aussies on board