Missing/crashed planes, and other aviation mis/adventures

■■■■■■ hell, that’s terrible. If it was shot down at 30,000 feet, only Russian or Ukrainian military can have done it. The rebels don’t have the equipment or know-how.

■■■■■■ hell, that's terrible. If it was shot down at 30,000 feet, only Russian or Ukrainian military can have done it. The rebels don't have the equipment or know-how.

Apparently they do if the papers are correct.

Hmmmmm.........due to fly on Malaysian airlines in November. Everything happens in 3s!!!

I'll get in early. I love most of you, I hope some of you will miss me.

■■■■■■ hell, that's terrible. If it was shot down at 30,000 feet, only Russian or Ukrainian military can have done it. The rebels don't have the equipment or know-how.

Depends what the military is prepared to give the rebels...

Hmmmmm.........due to fly on Malaysian airlines in November. Everything happens in 3s!!!

I'll miss you the most!

I'll miss you the most!

And now I will miss you the most!!!

Cue the blame-game. Russia will blame Ukraine. Ukraine will blame Russia. The global community, enamoured with Russia's oil Billions will blame each other.

290 people gone in an instant.

True, but I doubt you get given a SAM system on Friday and can use the thing proficiently on Sunday. Ultimately, it'll be military responsibility on one side or the other, Imo.
That's assuming it was shot down at all. It may not have been.

My co-worker just said the same thing! lol

I'll miss you mate.

Cue the blame-game. Russia will blame Ukraine. Ukraine will blame Russia. The global community, enamoured with Russia's oil Billions will blame each other.

290 people gone in an instant.

Apparently there is a transcript of some sort showing that the Russian Separatists are to blame and that they didn't realise it was civilian when they shot it down.  Be interesting if true.

Reports also coming out that all airlines were warned not to fly over this region due to the ongoing war and recent attacks on aircraft.  Pretty silly idea to fly there by Malaysian Airlines then if this is correct.

True, but I doubt you get given a SAM system on Friday and can use the thing proficiently on Sunday. Ultimately, it'll be military responsibility on one side or the other, Imo.
That's assuming it was shot down at all. It may not have been.

Yeah, but on the other hand, shooting down harmless passenger liners is not exactly a sign of *proficient* SAM use. More likely it was someone making a goof with their newly acquired and poorly understood toy.

My co-worker just said the same thing! lol

I'll miss you mate.

I flew Malaysian a month ago. Safe!

Horrible to say so, but it’s best for Malaysian Air that it was shot down…

Horrible to say so, but it's best for Malaysian Air that it was shot down....

Questions should be asked why was it flying over that area anyway? All other flight paths are avoiding Ukraine.

wow shot down. they say things happen in threes.

I am not doing any international travel this year.

23 Australians on board, thats sad, plus the rest.

My one and only trip on Malaysian airlines was a fantastic experience. Upgraded to business on a long haul flight. Wonderful.

Horrible to say so, but it's best for Malaysian Air that it was shot down....

Questions should be asked why was it flying over that area anyway? All other flight paths are avoiding Ukraine.

Could be open to suing if this is proven true.

I won't miss you at all.

There is a Notice To Airmen saying to not fly under 32,000 ft for the Ukraine in current effect. Plane was at 33,000 ft when hit, according to reports. It was also flying a more northerly air corridor due to bad weather.