Missing/crashed planes, and other aviation mis/adventures

There are 30 pages up by the time I got to read this. I don't have time to read through all these, so apologies if anyone posted this already.

Anyone thinking the UN Security council will do anything to bring the culprits to justice is deluded. 

Of course Russia will exercise its veto.

There are three passenger planes that have been brought down by the military that I am aware of. One of the others was also shot down by russia in the '80s.

The other one was shot down by the American navy. So there is no way the US will support any action that could bring their own trigger-happy military to justice.

There are 30 pages up by the time I got to read this. I don't have time to read through all these, so apologies if anyone posted this already.
Anyone thinking the UN Security council will do anything to bring the culprits to justice is deluded.
Of course Russia will exercise its veto.
There are three passenger planes that have been brought down by the military that I am aware of. One of the others was also shot down by russia in the '80s.
The other one was shot down by the American navy. So there is no way the US will support any action that could bring their own trigger-happy military to justice.

There's a lot more than 3.
Wiki records 20 or so since the 50s.
Fark all has been done about any of them.

Taking it out on Russia ends in MAD, right?

Taking it out on Russia ends in MAD, right?

Yep

Seeing those 3 young kids who died with their grandfather breaks your heart.

Their poor parents.

Why is every countries comment about this asking for a…

Exhaustive, independant, objective and unimpeded investigation into the attack.

Does this make you think that previous terrorist attack investigations have been tainted?

Wow ! This could be the death knell of Malaysian Airlines. Two major disasters in less than 6 months.

Very likely. I have flown them a lot and always had a good experience.
I'm not sure this particular one should be compared with the one earlier in the year.
This one was over airspace that plenty of other planes have been flying over for the past few months. Even though it's been rather dangerous due to the conflicts in this area, they've still flown over there. Mainly because the conflict was more ground related, but it has escalated recently without any change to the flight patterns.
I think there was mention that this particular plane may have had to fly a little further north due weather problems which may have caused them not to be in the flight path they preferred to use. But this hasn't really been confirmed yet.
Too early to tell what exactly has happened here.
One thing...
If they cannot find the black box, then this is going to really dent MH.

I may have exaggerated a touch but tough times are ahead for Malaysian Airlines. Getting the confidence of passengers will be challenging - And there bottom lime must be hurt after losing two planes. 

Heard the audio allegedly from the Freedom  Fighters in the Ukraine - Worry is that such fools can handle such dangerous military equipment - Going by the audio these guys had no idea. 

What a farked 48 hours.
The bullshit occurring in Gaza, this flight shot down and a massive Typhoon close to hitting mainland China.

Unsure how strong the typhoon is - It bloused HK in the last 24 hrs - It's a decent typhoon and it depends how much power it picks up over the  sea in the next 24 hrs. 

Reports of looting at the site of the crash. Not the best week for humanity.

You have to remember this isn’t your normal crash site. The areas around the crash site are very much still at war and the only way to get to the site is by vehicle which is getting rather tough driving through a war zone.

It’ll be tough to get the right people to the wreckage in the next 24hrs to be able to assess what’s happened.

Interestingly, there are conflicting reports on who has the black box. There were reports that they are in Russia (along with the weapon) but Ukraine officials saying the black box is still in Ukraine but it’s unsure who has hold of it (Ukraine, Separatists or Russian).

Julie Bishop and Abbott turn up the heat on Putin.

I’m not sure Putin knows who they even are.

Julie Bishop and Abbott turn up the heat on Putin.
I'm not sure Putin knows who they even are.

He'll murder the guy that wastes his time delivering that message.

The reports of looting are very disturbing, there needs to an immediate International response to secure the crime site.

The reports of looting are very disturbing, there needs to an immediate International response to secure the crime site.

But there won't*

*unless there is oil/gas/fuel at stake

I'm not sure where to start

the fact that civilians got caught up in cross hairs or war

or they got caught up in a war that no-one wants to fight

sooo sad, RIP

one of the victims was a Dr to present at an AIDS conference, we really want to regress as a civilisation 

Wow ! This could be the death knell of Malaysian Airlines. Two major disasters in less than 6 months.

I'm not sure this particular one should be compared with the one earlier in the year.
This one was over airspace that plenty of other planes have been flying over for the past few months. Even though it's been rather dangerous due to the conflicts in this area, they've still flown over there. Mainly because the conflict was more ground related, but it has escalated recently without any change to the flight patterns.
I think there was mention that this particular plane may have had to fly a little further north due weather problems which may have caused them not to be in the flight path they preferred to use. But this hasn't really been confirmed yet.
One thing...

I may have exaggerated a touch but tough times are ahead for Malaysian Airlines. Getting the confidence of passengers will be challenging - And there bottom lime must be hurt after losing two planes. 

Heard the audio allegedly from the Freedom  Fighters in the Ukraine - Worry is that such fools can handle such dangerous military equipment - Going by the audio these guys had no idea. 

That audio was released seconds after the plane crashed...draw your own conclusions. That audio proves nothing.

There was some suggestion that a team sent to secure the crash site discovered a bunch of drunken and belligerent rebels marching about the joint.I guess their Russian officer was on leave.

Yeah they also shot at anyone from the other teams that have now been sent whenever they got near to the site.  Putin needs to get on the phone and tell them to back off...but he won't.

Russian soldiers inside Ukraine, no insignia's or identifying marks

troops-stand-guard-at-gov-010101023984.j

One thing...

That audio was released seconds after the plane crashed...draw your own conclusions. That audio proves nothing.
Don't think it was that quick. The plane crashed and around thirty minutes later it was reported to have 'lost contact' and crashed. It wasn't until around a further half hour later that more reports were coming in about it being shot down. That was mainly on the back of a tweet (yes, the separatists are on twitter) that said, 'we told you not to fly I our airspace'.