Man drives into crowd in France Injures 11 (WTF is going on! FFS)

Man shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ drives into crowd in France, injuring 11
AFP NEWS CORP AUSTRALIA NETWORK DECEMBER 22, 2014 9:20AM SHARE

A driver shouting “God is great” in Arabic has run down pedestrians in the French city of Dijon. Pic: Twitter
A DRIVER shouted “Allahu Akbar” (”God is greatest”) as he ploughed into groups of people in the eastern French city of Dijon on Sunday injuring 11 people, two seriously.

“The man, born in 1974, is apparently imbalanced and had been in a psychiatric hospital,” a source close to the investigation told AFP, adding that “for now his motives are still unclear”.

The attack came the day after a French convert to Islam was shot dead after attacking three police officers with a knife while also reportedly crying “Allahu Akbar” in the central town of Joue-les-Tours.

The driver in Dijon was arrested by police after targeting passersby at five different places in the city on Sunday evening, a police source said.

SYDNEY SIEGE: Man Haron Monis’s wife Amirah Droudis bail reviewed

“Nine people were lightly injured and two others seriously but their lives do not appear to be in danger,” the source added.

Witnesses told police that the driver shouted “Allahu Akbar” and “that he was acting for the children of Palestine,” a source close to the investigation said.

Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve told French television station TF1 on Sunday that the man who was shot dead the day before after attacking a police station in Joue-Les-Tours was “very unstable”.

The anti-terror branch of the Paris prosecutor’s office has opened a probe into that attack, with the line of inquiry focusing on an attack motivated by radical Islam.

Originally published as Driver praises God, ploughs into crowd

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/man-shouting-allahu-akbar-drives-into-crowd-in-france-injuring-11/story-fni0xs61-1227164043252

A reply to: @tinhillterror regarding QuoteLink

If he wasn't yelling 'whatever it is they yell' would this even have made the news?

Yes.

He injured 11 people. Almost killed them.

Did he forget his bomb?

A reply to: @Slowstu regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @TomsDons regarding QuoteLink
If he wasn't yelling 'whatever it is they yell' would this even have made the news?

Yes.

Lots of people are injured everyday, if this moron hadn’t been yelling ‘whatever it is they yell’ it wouldn’t have made international news. it would have been just another traffic accident in France.

Just as sure as if he wasn’t Muslim you wouldn’t feel the need to downplay the incident.

Yes.

Lots of people are injured everyday, if this moron hadn’t been yelling ‘whatever it is they yell’ it wouldn’t have made international news. it would have been just another traffic accident in France.

I thought it was 11 injured? Now it’s 11 dead?

A reply to: @scotty21 regarding QuoteLink

I thought it was 11 injured? Now it's 11 dead?

Yep, amended. Dunno why I wrote that. Probably theme of the week.

Quoted Post

Yes.

I’m assuming there was footage of it. The rarely have news bulletins these days if there’s not footage to use.

I’d argue it’s already been overplayed. Surely attaching a correct level of relevance to anything that crops up is a good thing, whether it’s downplaying or attracting people’s attention to it. This, to me, is not that big a deal.

Some people half a world away got injured. It’s sad for them, it’s sad for 99% of the people who’s religion this was carried out in the name of, it’s clearly the work of either a diagnosed nutter or a religious nutter (or both), but what does this really change? It doesn’t seem to bethe work of any organised group. We know all too well there are religious nutters, we know there are often people with either severe social issues or borderline mental issues or both who often gravitate towards these extremes (or targeted by extreme elements)

Compared to that tragedy in Glasgow, I know which would have more impact on the community and family etc - not the one we’re hearing about.

A reply to: @Henry’s Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @JBOMBER regarding QuoteLink

Yes.

Just as sure as if he wasn’t Muslim you wouldn’t feel the need to downplay the incident.

Do you really think if he was just ■■■■■■, or had a heart attack* it would've attracted the same international attention?

*Half a dozen people died in Glasgow this morning when a rubbish truck ploughed through a crowded square after the driver suffered a suspected heart attack , I can’t seem to find that thread - must be down the page.

No, if it wasn’t another example of a Muslim deliberately targeting innocent civilians it would not have had the same exposure & a thread here plus it would not have attracted the same apologists seeking to downplay every example of extremist actions done in the name of Islam.

Quoted Post

Yes.

If it hadn’t been intentional it may have not made the news. And there’s been more than one.

A reply to: @JBOMBER regarding QuoteLink

Yes.

Do you really think if he was just ■■■■■■, or had a heart attack* it would've attracted the same international attention?

*Half a dozen people died in Glasgow this morning when a rubbish truck ploughed through a crowded square after the driver suffered a suspected heart attack , I can’t seem to find that thread - must be down the page.

A reply to: @G-Unit regarding QuoteLink

That there is a pattern of violence here and people have every reason to be concerned. It is newsworthy.
4 odd attacks lead to a few dozen injuries & 6 or so deaths amongst the hundred odd countries & billion odd people of the West is a 'pattern'?

What do you call one country invading & killing a thousand odd civilians of a neighbouring country Gabe?
Frightening IMHO.

That there is a pattern of violence here and people have every reason to be concerned. It is newsworthy.

Yes, I can’t imagine why people would be more concerned by deliberate acts of violence in the name of Islam than a complete freak accident.

This isn’t even the first time something like this has happened.

In October a Palestinian terrorist drove in to a crowd of people at a railway stop in Jerusalem, killing a baby and injuring several others: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-23/jerusalem-attack/5835524

This isn't even the first time something like this has happened.

In October a Palestinian terrorist drove in to a crowd of people at a railway stop in Jerusalem, killing a baby and injuring several others: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-23/jerusalem-attack/5835524

In October a guy in the US walked into a school killed 5 people, whats your point?

Point well made HAP

I’m far from an apologist, I just like to not jump to conclusions and base my opinions on the current media frenzy about Islam. With the recent incidents by individuals with no ties to any organised or semi organised terrorist groups who have a history of mental and/or criminal behaviour I would take any reports that they acted on behalf of Islam with a grain of salt.

Keen as mustard