Man of Steele

Basically getting a fully developed top ten pick.

What would you trade for him?

I’d give pick 19 for Steele, though be surprised if he leaves GWS.

He was an early second round academy pick, but he was talked about very highly during the championships.

If you get him with pick 19 and Mccluggage with pick 1, best possible outcome.

He was bid on with pick 15 by North, GWS matched with 24. So I’d say he’s pretty much a first round pick.

Add to that the reluctance to bid on academy kids. I think they are often called out a number of positions after where they would have been called if they were on the free market.

He was an early second round academy pick, but he was talked about very highly during the championships.

He was bid on with pick 15 by North, GWS matched with 24. So I’d say he’s pretty much a first round pick.

I’d give up pick 19 for him. He’s got Callan Ward MkII written all over him.

At every level of football he has excelled. As a junior he was the most statistically dominant player in his age group. At NEAFL level he was immediately the most dominant player in that league. At AFL level he has had an immediate impact playing as a forward. His natural position is midfield where his ball-winning will become a feature. He tackles like a ■■■■, kick goals and can win the ball on the inside and outside. Also, he plays like a bull, so he would fit into our midfield structure beautifully as we currently lack an aggressive, strong on-baller to compliment the likes of Zac, Parish and Langford.

I’d be stoked if Eades and Redman start lighting it up in the magoos and push for selection. It’s hard to rate these GWS kids in the NEAFL because the Giants 1sts are so strong in the midfield and the forward line.
Fair to say the second tier Giants have a harder time breaking into that side vs our 2nds.

Calm down. Merely making the call based on where they are at now. Forgot what a sensitive place blitz is.

Fair call. Still think it’s a premature comparison though.

And

Was Steele a first rounder Saucy?

I love it when people say reserves form means nothing if they play well, yet they are happy to use poor form in reserves as an argument. He is averaging 36 disposals and 1.5 goals a game in the NEAFL and he is only 19.

He is a first round pick, regardless of what you think. If you could get him with pick 19, it would be a Steele. :*

Its not like we don’t compare players one year apart all the time. If that’s your view Fozdog, then stick by it.

Calm down. Merely making the call based on where they are at now. Forgot what a sensitive place blitz is.

Sounds like Prismall mark11 to me.

Maybe…he looks ok. Not convinced I would be departing with pick 19 for him.

You’d have him over our last years second round picks at the moment. Not sure what they will turn out to be but Steele would slot straight in.

Are you for real bud. How can you even make a judgement on this. He is 20 months older than Redman.

Redman has been a very good performer in our VFL from what I have heard and seen.

Stupid comparison because you just can’t make a call on that at all either way right now.

What's he like around jet fuel?
Suspect he melts in the heat.
Sounds like Prismall mark11 to me.

Maybe…he looks ok. Not convinced I would be departing with pick 19 for him.

You’d have him over our last years second round picks at the moment. Not sure what they will turn out to be but Steele would slot straight in.

What’s he like around jet fuel?

Steele overated IMO, the NEAFL comp is rubbish really so his stats there have to be taken with grain of salt and when he steps up to AFL level isn't a world beater.
Not seen enough to comment. But young, so this isn't a killer. And may explain why some think he'll be cheap.

Steele overated IMO, the NEAFL comp is rubbish really so his stats there have to be taken with grain of salt and when he steps up to AFL level isn’t a world beater.

I would rather go after Jon Snow than Jack Steele and I hear he only costs 4 dragon eggs.

Would prefer the other young J - Josh Kelly...!

In love with Kelly. Would consider trading pick 1 for him. It’s ridiculous that he is there 3rd best young mid behind Shiel and coniglio!

Add Lachie Whitfield and Devon Smith…