Manchester Terrorist Attack

I’ll get flamed for this, but part of any solution must include no longer bombing the Middle East.

The people who executed this attack are filth. But so are those who execute attacks all over the Middle East every damn day.

14 Likes

No, this is the old world, they have been doing this for 1,400 years.

Thank you for further illustrating my point. This sort of simplistic, backwards, ideological thinking is exactly why these solutions never get implemented. Until this sort of ridiculous logic no longer prevails amongst the broader populace, or politicians grow a spine and ignore this sort of ridiculous logic, nothing will ever get done.’

People will continue to die all over the world, but hey, the ideological right will win the argument, so all’s well that ends well, right?

3 Likes

Huh!
Tell me then, how do you propose implementing your ‘plan’ worldwide?

It might have escaped your attention, but the problematic rogue countries are not in the habit of doing what the west tells them to do.

Can you imagine Kim ordering mental Heath checks for North Korea and then reporting results back to some central authority for assessment. Beggars belief.

This is a really good BBC doco from Adam Curtis if anyone has the time and or patience. Gives a good explanation of sequences leading up to the mess we are in. It’s not for the fainthearted though.

1 Like

[quote=“SMJ, post:29, topic:10529, full:true”]Meanwhile the actual solution - a long term, massive massive worldwide investment in mental health, encompassing early detection services, will remain untouched because it isn’t politically ‘tough enough’.
[/quote]
Nah. They’ll avoid it because the inevitable answer is “widespread despair and hopelessness caused by inequitable capitalist societies having their way with the world and its people”

1 Like

But Saudi Arabia is rich and has never produced violent extremists. In fact, we should give them billions of dollars worth of weapons.

As someone mentioned earlier, these kids are usually home grown, disturbed in some way (as many young people can be) and end up communicating with the absolute gutter trash that exists in pockets of the middle east. The only reason is because these sociopaths know how to manipulate people with a religious faith vulnerability.

Now if only we could get rid of religious faith.

1 Like

Except for the ones in America. They deal with gutter trash that exists in pockets of their own society.

1 Like

I am hoping that was written in sarcastica font, because, you know, 911.

And @SMJ with the “long term, massive massive worldwide investment in mental health, encompassing early detection services”. Are you for realsies or is this just your alternate universe solution?

Saudi Arabia can’t have produced anyone involved in 911. They’re not on Trump’s banned list.

4 Likes

I would say that Jihadi Islamists are openly opposed to western ideals and seek to violently attack others. Not sure it is useful to slate a whole religion and ideology of over a billion people into the one basket.

3 Likes

These threads fuel terror, as does the main stream media.

My understanding is that one of ISIS’s aims is for Muslims to return to the Caliphate from the West. One of their methods is to use terrorism to create fear and anger towards Muslim communities in general & refugees specifically. Given Brexit / Trump / National Front, I’d say they have been very effective so far.

1 Like

@SMJ Wish you hadn’t deleted your post, it was a cracker.

My God.

A couple of points.

1. Your reasoning seems to be “there might be handful of countries on earth that this plan wouldn’t work in, so the whole plan is worthless”. Honestly, are you 5? What sort of argument is this?

2. By making that argument, you completely ignore the fact (as pointed out a number of times in this thread, and ignored by you) that the vast majority of terrorists these days are home grown.

Moreover, i am staggered that you and others in the thread are essentially defending the status quo, for ideological reasons. It’s not working. People are dying, in increased numbers. Why defend it? Why rubbish alternative ideas on ideological grounds, or for kicks? Shouldn’t we be doing whatever it takes to stop innocent people being murdered, whatever the political ideology?

If the stats supported the status quo, then I would absolutely support it no matter the ideology, because the most important thing is to stop people dying. But it ain’t working. And if, god forbid, someone you know or a family member is killed in one of these attacks sometime, I bet you won’t give a ■■■■ about the ideology then either.

2 Likes

If I had to, I’d guess that this was likely an English born kid of Islamic faith that felt continually rejected by girls and was mentally unstable, that then got corrupted by ISIS web vultures into doing this as a way to “Pay them all Back”., for the rejection & pain. Just smacks of something along those lines.

Please - if you are going to quote someone in seriousness - have the courtesy of not changing what they said.
Unless you’re a media flog - in that case - carry on as usual.

WTF?

Reading trouble?

Or is speculating on motivation & scenario to prompt such an act in such a place targeting such a specific demographic not allowed?