Manchester Terrorist Attack

" I’d guess that this was likely an English born kid of Islamic faith that felt continually rejected by girls and was mentally unstable"
A very long bow pulled there.
That was all a bit Dr Phil for me.

1 Like

If I had to guess I’d say he had small hands and smelled of cabbage.

8 Likes

Ok.
I chortled.

I reckon the attacker came from a complicated background to which there are no easy answers.

4 Likes

Don’t be so naive

Maybe he just didnt like Ariana Grande… seems plausible? Occams razor and all…

1 Like

With the exception of ISIS held territory I assume? Their leadership needs to be chased down every last rat hole that they flee into until they are wiped from the face

1 Like

Does ISIS held territory have children, schools, hospitals?

Then no. Not with the exception of ISIS held territory.

1 Like

What, are you saying that children and innocent adults should not, actually, be bombed and killed???
You farking monster.

3 Likes

I’m struggling to name a single US intervention since WW2 that has had a positive outcome. The less the better as far as I’m concerned. I would have been happy for all the extremists to go and live in their caliphate, providing they surrendered their passports and never returned

2 Likes

Pretty sure they wont have schools but fair enough.

I agree that you dont want a single civillian casualty. Bombing should be targetted on their military holds only. I thought you meant letting them off the hook completely for a minute.

I didn’t! I don’t know where it went or why it was deleted.

I agree that the “West” needs to stop bombing/destabilising countries.

But at a practical level and viewing the actual situation, its also a two edged sword. Are we comfortable knowing that ISIS are wreaking savagery on conquered areas with no likelihood of local forces overthrowing them?

Its a tough one and very often the “West” get morally hammered if they intervene or dont intervene.

If the viewpoint is stay out and let them deal with it themselves then thats fine but you have to accept some pretty terrible outcomes for innocent people.

I dont know which is the less objectionable pathway.

6 Likes

One arrest made in connection to Manchester bombing.

It’s an extremely complex one, true, and that’s why the ‘solution’ would also be at least equally as complex. And take generations to achieve. Not political terms lengths.

2 Likes

I think I’d be more comfortable if it wasn’t so obviously motivated by commercial interests and religious crap about the holy lands. The US hasn’t been nearly as active against regimes that murdered people but didn’t control critical energy assets.

As silly as it sounds the motivation of any intervention is absolutely critical- without a pure motivation the necessary collateral damage to overthrow a regime will feed unrest. That’s why the UN, despite its painfully slow response times, has so much more long term success.

If the caliphate were established and left to its own devices then it would have eaten itself eventually at a great cost to extremism. It was disorganised and run by a pack of peanuts.

So sad but also so tired of this. The political motivation behind this stuff will.never ever get up.

I can’t stand the inevitable presumed/assumed/actual backlash against Muslims too. I’m just sick of hearing about them as a group s well.(I just don’t identify, same with other religions).

I just enjoy the public holidays and family and friends rituals we get here as a result. Eg
(easters camping, Chrissy is catching up with In-laws followed by the cricket).

We live in a lucky country where most people wake up to the fact that once you have peace you don’t need to be a god botherer after a few generations.(statistically).

Anyway back to more needless violence. ■■■■ news, poor kids.

2 Likes

No, definitely not. Troops on the ground if anything rather than indiscriminate bombing. If they resist, kill them and only them. If they don’t, arrest them.

Simplistic I know and as Sal has said, no easy options. But killing children is the worst one, be it in Manchester or Kabul.

I can’t wait to hear how that scumbag Waleed aly defends his savage religion this time.

2 Likes

wut?