March for round 1?

Any word of there being a march for round 1?

The club had communicated that they were keen to develop a tradition of matching for the first home game a year.

1 Like

would be a nice tradition to keep regardless of what home ground its on. could start somewhere on bourke st and stroll down through southern cross to get to etihad

2 Likes

MAAAARCHING ON TOGETHERRRRRR

WE LOVE YOU
LEEDS
LEEDS
LEEDS

3 Likes

There’s no real suitable assembly point for the dome. Most people arrive via southern cross or park at or near the stadium & a march through crowded city streets would be a safety issue.

Flagstaff Gardens. And we’ll get the cops to shut down La Trobe St, which they’ll do if we style it as a “protest march”. We could protest the old ASADA chestnut or just the generally woeful treatment of our club by umpires over the many decades I’ve been watching us.

4 Likes

As someone mentioned a while back;

ROAM TO THE DOME

2 Likes

I’ll march from anywhere to anywhere.
The last two have been brilliant.

But these things need a really committed driver person to make it happen.

2 Likes

I think it wa great the first year as a sign of solidarity. Fabulous idea.

Not sure it needs to continue in perpetuity though.

6 Likes

Yeah, the last 2 marches were about making a stand / statement. Should it be done annually? Or more to the point, will a yearly march be embraced by supporters because one thing you don’t want to see is the initiative dying in the ar_s through lack of interest?

Well, the march is special with a life force unparalleled in the AFL. EFC supporters have endured significant hardship and relish the opportunity (outside of game day attendance) to show the rest of the comp that we’re behind our team thick and thin.

I’m disappointed the club haven’t made any statements around the march to date. I hope it continues. The gathering fills me with pride. It’s something that separates us from other club supporters.

2 Likes

Nothing stopping you marching by yourself

The North Melbourne member does it every year.

18 Likes

No, it doesn’t have to be done in perpetuity.

Just till James Hird gets an apology.

And the Club gets its $2M back.

And we get compensated for stripped draft picks and five seasons of shit).

And till Jobe gets his Brownlow back.

5 Likes

That’s not enough for me.
I want a public ceremony where Cotchin and Mitchell get their Medals taken away.
Mitchell is forced to take the mic and say…
" I’m a sh*t human being who should never have accepted this award "

Cotchin’ perfect hair is shaved off.

That’s just for starters.

10 Likes

You’ll be marching till the day you die then

2 Likes

thatsthepoint.gif

1 Like

The march makes me proud and it something that distinguishes the club from others. You may march because of the saga, be protesting or supporting any other thing, but essentially, you are showing passion and dedication to the club, and that’s a big thing.

5 Likes

@Catherine_Lio - is the club thinking of a march?

March 23 to be precise

2 Likes

Marching sounds like something StKilda would do. We need a better name.

Dress up as Mexicans and tweet references to mexican and etihad?