Marriage is totally Gay

This still applies in this thread

2 Likes

What the f are you serious?

1 Like

I remember when my doctor told me I had to do the gender switch. All I wanted was my cough checked out

2 Likes

I started this thread years ago. What the actual fark has happened

1 Like

I really had no intentionā€¦ i was waiting for last weeks team in an outs on the AFL page and hereā€¦ ā€¦ and it popped up at the top of the main pageā€¦ so i had a browse and it just so happened that what was being discussed was not Gay marriage but gay conversionā€¦ and i didnā€™t think anyone seriously considered the implication of making such a thing illegal and that banning it is inconsistent with the same grounds LGBT is built uponā€¦ ā€¦ be who you want to be or think you are, and not forced to be something you dont want to be etcā€¦ so i mentioned itā€¦

I dont think i have even been in the thread since i signed back upā€¦ early last yearā€¦

1 Like

Shut up and pass me a couple of bricks.

Amen.

1 Like

ā€œUsuallyā€ maybeā€¦
but thatā€™s not what is being discussed, I said from the get go, i do not support coercive or Forced Therapiesā€¦ well at least for non-criminals. Because we (most of the population) do condone it in jails for sex offender rehabilitation.

But if a professional wanted to advertise such a thing that was not forced or coercive then i cant see why there is a problem with it given we tend to socially accept therapy to stop people who want to stop a behaviour they donā€™t want or like in themselves.

While i dont think it would be a popular service, i cant see anything actually wrong providing it if there a skilled therapist etcā€¦
Id agree, that the name is a bit muchā€¦ but if it were named:
ā€œmanaging your sexual desire therapyā€
i cant see how that would not be the same thing just by another nameā€¦ and by banning the former you incidentally muddy the water of someone seeking the later especially for the therapist legally and what they can provide say and do.

So why wouldnā€™t someone struggling with there homosexuality and wanting to become Hetrosexual be any diffrent? why shouldnā€™t they have a long process of counselling and medication to deal with there struggle to identify? and why not make it have strict guidelines much the same?

Dont confuse me knowing the subject better than you as being someone who does gay conversion, as far as im concerned you are redneck for not being able to open your eyes to others sexual struggles you never considered, but in your dogma you instantly reject it. I pity you.

Itā€™s some time since it was a crime to commit homosexual acts and SSM has redressed inequalities in status, but there are still pockets of homophobia in society.

And the voting showed those pockets are also known as ā€œLabor heartlandā€ :smile:

Well, yes.
It clearly showed the worst parts are a couple of suburbs in western Sydney, and one side of the House of Parliament.

4 Likes

I think one of the key points as to the difference between gender transition and GCT is the outcome, transition in most cases helps reduce mental health issues in its patients. Whereas GCT usually has the opposite affect.

And also transitioning is managed by actual medical professionals.

Must have been heavily populated Christian and Catholic areas.

A gay person in a minority/ religion adhering community would be under enormous pressure to conform to heterosexual behaviour, at risk of being ostracised by the community. In such circumstances freedom of choice to engage in quackery conversion therapy would be highly circumscribed by community and family pressure.

Islamic, and Chinese communities moreso

They suggested that 75% of Catholcs voted Yes
And in Melbourne, strongly disagreed with Archbishop Hartā€™s stance on sacking gays from Catholic schools.

1 Like

Virtually all of the Catholics I know have openly gay family members and Iā€™m unaware of any significant backlash directed toward them.

Itā€™s a shame that many of the prominent catholics are so behind the times

1 Like

Letā€™s get one thing straight (Ha, Ha) Electric Shock Treatment was used extensively when the belief was all paedophiles were also homosexual which was a totally false theory. When in actual fact, most sex offenders who are into underage children are usually men in heterosexual relationships. Men who are married and have children of their own or are living with a women and their partner has children.

Having worked with sex offenders there is no one size fits all in therapy and certainly I would say rehabilitation is all but useless because all the men I worked with were simply unable to see anything wrong with their behaviour. They had no remorse and the moment they were released they were right back where they began, outside schools and in places where there had access easy to both male and female children.

1 Like

That is quite scary

So you support shock treatment just with a few hundred extra volts. :wink:

2 Likes