Marriage is totally Gay

Can i ask you a question?

Yes/no question: Notwithstanding social influences of who/what is considered attractive, do you believe that who you are sexually attracted to is purely a choice you can make?

Waiting for your definitive answer…

No.

you don’t want a foundational answer for mans sexual attraction to whatever it is we are attracted to? Ants is about to tell us… don’t discourage him, because i also want to know.

You misunderstand me.
I meant, No, we can’t just stop.
I meant no to you.
I meant no to this thread…now.
I meant no to people thinking they’re going to stop you with well thought out replies that counter every transparent agenda-based pseudo-point you make.

No.
No to this.

If only. There might actually be a vague point and argument if that were the case

1 Like

No.

No.

Quick, everybody give their yes / no response and then shut the thread.

I think you are disingenuous, you simply disregard what i say as pseudo… (psuedo what? btw,) yet you present no argument against what ever it is you protest… which is what? what dont you like exactly that is getting you upset over??

AFAIK, im having a discussion with Ants, Simmo and MDSO… for the most part…

Keep the answers coming… its good to engage in these topics… ill reply a rebuttal against a “NO” answer and you you can rebut by rebuttal. yay!

People don’t respond to your arguments in the way you’d like because you have been talking complete nonsense from start to finish. There’s nothing to engage with aside from delusion, fear and hatred

You’re a homophobe clear and simple and people rightly have an issue with that. In fact based on your other posts, you’re just a bigot in general.

Now please kindly leave this topic and take your backward opinions with you so the rest of us don’t have to have perfectly good threads interrupted by your hate fuelled drivel

6 Likes

Present an argument why Conversion therapy should be made illegal. Not one person attempted to make such an argument as for why the whole time, no one.
did you?

If you bothered to read anything i said, which i doubt. Im more liberal than anyone here. I have no problems with LGBTIQA or Racists, or homophobes or gay conversion therapy. as long as none deny anyone basic human rights (a large discussion with in itself) but you pretend to be all LGBTIQA yet deny people the freedom to choose if they want of there own volition a gay conversion therapy (explained ad nauseum) but probably just ignored by you. You are the Homophobe. im the complete opposite… and you just simply cant grasp that because it doesn’t suit your narrative. … such close mindedness is astounishing in this thread.

You, you have provided nothing here, only piped up because… well why?
So far all you have provided in ad hom attacks… your a homophobe, hatefull…
Listen carefully to what your saying… because you dont like what i said, you essentially want to silence me by asking me to get back in my box? whats the point of a forum if you cant discuss stuff… why even start a thread if you never wanted anyone to disagree? yet you, wimmera and others just want a echo chamber…

is that too much for you too handle so you provide nothing to the discussion just try and insult the person you disagree with? ■■■■… i wish i even had year 9 education.

Of course not. People are attracted to people they don’t want to be all the time.

Of course you will. Because you don’t seem to have figured out how the answer is obvious and that history is littered with evidence it isn’t a choice.

You’ve also ignored everyone who has said professional therapy by anyone for anything they have trouble with about themselves is fine, but a series of institutions broadly called conversion therapy which involves quacks and fanatics pandering to bigots and often using either societal pressure, parental pressure or explicit force to make people do it is in some way synonymous and a ok. And then wonder why people get offended.

You also compare voluntary reform programs in prison for criminals and paedophiles designed to stop people hurting others to gay people, and wonder why people are offended.

Finally, you ignore questions and answer them that if in the country of la la land and unicorns, this is how the answer would be that happens to give a non-answer while protecting you’re untenable world view, and wonder why people are offended.

You then claim to be a liberal. Clearly not understanding or caring what that really means. Clearly trolling. And wonder why people are offended.

I’m done debating with you on this topic.

5 Likes

Cool, a teachable moment.

The answer that every single qualified sex therapist and probably 100% of all qualified and licensed mental health professionals will give you is no. It is not a choice. It is a biological imprint.

Every point you are making with regards to conversion therapy indicates that you believe it is a choice. In that someone who identifies as homosexual can… “opt out”, so to speak. They can’t. Sexual orientation does not work that way.

Now, how people choose to act on those attractions is different. That part is a choice. But understand that biological attraction, and acting on it, are two very distinct and separate things. I consider myself to be around the 1 mark on the Kinsey scale, maybe creeping towards 2 during lean periods. In that I can look at Tom Bellchambers wearing orange three-quarter length chinos and think “hello sailor”. However I don’t feel strongly enough to ever act on that feeling.

Now societal pressures can do funny things to those feelings. For instance someone who has been brought up in an environment where homosexuality is regarded as being wrong may experience such feelings and feel very conflicted as a result. So how best to manage these conflicts?

Sure, conversion therapy is an option. But all that is is suppression of those feelings via negative reinforcement or conditioning. Which, again we go back to the qualified and licensed mental health professionals and ask them, is a terrible way of dealing with anything. Hell even dog obedience people will tell you that. Why? Well, the biological imprint is still there. The end result is usually the subject hating themselves, which leads to its own set of problems.

What’s better then? Finding a way to live with those feelings. How? I’m not a qualified and licensed mental health professional, so I don’t know. Best to ask them.

So to summarise - no, you cannot choose who you are attracted to. But you can choose how to act upon the attraction.

4 Likes

WOOAAHHH I didn’t see this before I replied!

I’ll be clear. Conversion therapy is coercive emotional abuse thinly disguised as counselling. You will not find a single secular LGBT+ advocacy group on the planet that supports it.

4 Likes

And on that note, end thread.

4 Likes

Yep. pls.

FFS!

Didn’t know where else to post this.

Stuff like this does make you appreciate the country you live in a little bit more.

People can be bigoted, but not laws and instititutions.

Good article on it.