Marriage is totally Gay

I have. The answer is I don’t care.

Discrimination: the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, sex or sexuality.

Now I’m pretty sure we are all against discrimination so as far as my opinion goes, it’s an easy decision.

I’m married, so how does a marriage between same sex couples affect me? For the life of me I can’t come up with any legitimate reasons. Marriage to me is a personal thing - what others consider marriage has no impact on me or my marriage. No I may be wrong here, but those who are so affected by how others define marriage come across as… I don’t know… insecure?

2 Likes

So don’t vote. Don’t help influence the outcome of something you don’t care about the impact of.

3 Likes

Have you read previous posts.

2 Likes

Yes, but I can’t find an answer to my statement “Don’t help influence the outcome of something you don’t care about the impact of.” in your posts.

Sheesh

I originally thought I had to vote. Then I was told I don’t have to, so said I won’t. Then people started on the fact I should for equality…etc

Ah ok, I think it was all getting lost in the back and forth, and the fact I was reading parts of it on the train, and in the office while trying not to get busted on Blitz :slight_smile:

Whaddaya mean?

Wasn’t directed at you, just the overall way this thread ended up.

Passion is a wonderful thing.

Jesus Derek, are you serious?

3 Likes

Hope some of the no voters end up having close relatives that are gay lament the fact they can’t get married and have to explain that they’re beneath the privilege of marriage.

5 Likes

I know one No voter who is gay themselves. It must be hard having to explain it to himself.

Probably needs to go to a gay correction facility run by e church then

1 Like

He’s been there, done that.

Btw is that some sort of online church?

1 Like

Is this actually a binding vote? I thought it’s basically just an expensive survey and once the results are in it is up to the government to legalise it or not.

Or have I been overseas too long?

the add I watched last night had people telling me to vote No, so because I cant think for myself and can only react, I’ll be voting ‘Yes’

3 Likes

It’s a non-binding opinion poll that the Gov has said they will honour if a majority support it.

I have questioned what they consider a majority.