Marriage is totally Gay

@bomberjase and his family deserve so much more than this.

I’ll be voting yes.

1 Like

Since this post two years ago, apparently free speech has been killed in this country.

Ironic that both choose the same reason AND then decide they’re both victims because of it.

1 Like

There is absolutely no doubt that gay marriage should be legalised. There a million arguments in support which I won’t repeat because they are totally obvious and self evident. It should have been done 20 years ago and the fact we are only getting to it now (and in the worst possible way) is absolutely farking shameful.

There’s also no doubt that lefties are being their usual pompous, aggressive, hectoring selves towards anyone who says they are going to vote no. And I say this as someone who is as left as they come.

If those idiot lefties don’t realise this quick smart, then they will ■■■■ enough people off that this vote will go the same way as Brexit and Trump.

Fellow yes voters, watch this 40 sec video, understand what you’re doing wrong and actually get farking smart.

5 Likes

More respectful debate.

The left had the chance to approve It, Julia was against it (for whatever reason, certainly not the sanctity of marriage)

Sadly, this is as far as our governments have come, holding a popularity vote without giving a ■■■■ for the millions of people it affects.

3 Likes

Pansy Lai eh?

1 Like

That was magnificent Dingus. Well said.

2 Likes

Just wow that someone who works with gay people needs a forum post to edge them into considering a human right for them.

Glad but terribly telling

2 Likes

It is terribly ironic that no voters are claiming bullying. I have homosexual friends and they all have horrible stories of bullying and persecution from when they were growing up and even on the odd occasion they still do.

Bullying in any form is unacceptable, but please have a little bit of perspective.

12 Likes

So sad, and very true Rosso

And yet, it still feels kind of intrusive saying anything at all. I don’t think I should have / need a right to be heard on this.

I shouldn’t be being asked to vote on something that it’s no business of mine denying anyone in the first place. The only people that should be consulted about this decision are gay people.

Even then, it shouldn’t be necessary.

For the record, I respect people’s right to think “no” to any famn thing they want. I completely reject any notion that suggests an entitlement to have that “no” make any ■■■■■■■ difference at all to the lives if these actually impacted.

I hope the high court challenge succeeds and parliament gets on with changing the law back to it’s pre Howard form when Gay marriage was legal.

7 Likes

It’s a good thing that good ol’ Catholic Ireland didn’t have any pinko lefties to ruin their vote.

6 Likes

I don’t go to church. I don’t have a god. I’m not even married (yet). If my fiancé and I did get married, it wouldn’t be in a church, In fact our plan is a beach in the Whitsundays.

I’m simply proposing that marriage should be just for the union of a man and women aligned with religion, or creating life. Held ‘sacred’ is a term.

I am interested in the gay community having the rights (even defacto etc) just not under the terms of a marriage.

I am one of few it seems, and that’s ok. My gay friends and a well respected gay work colleague understand my opinion, perfectly.

3 Likes

I really don’t care about the marriage bit, what I care about is the civil rights of all.

The real problem is that “marriage” conveys many legal rights, and they are not available to the gay community, and this is just not fair.

6 Likes

You’re voting for both. And they do care.

Concur on rights. Just call it a civil union.

Ridiculous argument that South Park dealt with a decade ago.

4 Likes

I would be happy with that, but the religious lobby would not.

As someone said previously the French have it right in that only legal marriage is a civil union, the church bit is an extra for those who believe in church.

Wow, they sure did. :roll_eyes:

Oh you don’t think that video is relevant to your argument?

The ‘just call it a civil union argument’ is the single dumbest argument against gay marriage, hands down.

You can still ride the bus, but you just have to sit up the back. But you still have the same rights as all other bus passengers, right? You’re still allowed to ride the bus!

2 Likes