Marriage is totally Gay

“I was like ‘Tony, Tony’, I kind of trotted up behind him. I trotted up behind him, ‘I just want to shake your hand and just went bang. Kind of missed it. Gave him a fat lip. He got off pretty lightly. He’s just lucky I’m not a violent c***.”

4 Likes

Living the dream…!

2 Likes

You picked it!

1 Like

what a deadset fking tool. Whatever you think of Abbott, physical assault isn’t tolerable. There’s more than enough violence on the streets.

5 Likes

But naturally his use of this event is predictably irrational, inflammatory, inaccurate and wilfully twisted. “the only way to put a stop to these people is to vote No”. FO.

6 Likes

My extremely shy and quiet girlfriend (now wife) ran into Tony at the Dreamtime game about 5 years ago. I was there too. He walked right past us on one of the concourses on level 2. When he walked past she gasped to me and about two seconds later turned around and yelled “Tony wait” to him.

He turned around, looked at her. After a long pause (clearly nervous and weighing up what she wanted to say) she calmly looked him right in the face and quietly said “You should be ashamed of yourself”

I was proud

16 Likes

reinforces a stereotype that the No camp has built. I remember a relative of Rudd got smacked for promoting the yes vote didn’t he.

1 Like

Screenshot presented without further comment.

4 Likes

Is this one of Reboot’s mates?

3 Likes

Astro Labe.

C’mon mate.

1 Like

No doubt he took the feedback on board (rather than thinking there are a lot of crazies in the populace). Doh!

WTF?

Can’t get much crazier than Abbott. But yeah, he probably thinks the rational and reasonable people of Australia, who think he’s a ■■■■, are beneath him.

Nice backpedal.

2 Likes

He thinks they’re losers. The Dunning Krueger clique who have their standard of living trashed under his ideology though, they’re his ladder to some kind of glorious navel gazing paradise.

I keep hearing the phrase “Safe Schools” bandied about. Haven’t been living in Oz for a long time now, can anyone clue me up as to what this actually is and how this is relevant to marriage equality?

1 Like

There’s a lot of hand wringing about teaching about gender fluidity in schools. While some would have you believe it’s some kind of secret plan to convert all the kids into being gay it’s actually about teaching kids that not everyone is straight and that’s fine. What it has to do with marriage equality I have no idea.

1 Like

It’s a program run in schools in order to discourage students from bullying other students on the basis of (among other things) sexuality.

It has nothing to do with same-sex marriage at all, unless it’s the whole general ‘gay people are people and not second-class freakshows’ vibe it shares with the SSM movement.

1 Like

It’s pretty much already taught in schools, I would have thought. Just not that formally.

the guys interview on the news was an absolute ■■■■■■.

Like most who possess more than one brain cell, it had very little to do with the issue at hand, and more to do with thinking Abbott is a ■■■■.
Right or wrong with his handling of it, plently of people around here think he’s one too.

Granted you may not headbutt him, but hey, this guy at least stands up for his convictions.