Marriage is totally Gay

Whatever; fark you and all who voted NO.

1 Like

Damn!

7 Likes

The five worst seats in Victoria are all Labor held seats, some by very big margins.

Stoked for my friends who are now one step closer to tying the knot.

1 Like

Same thing in NSW. Working class but super conservative. Is this the so called “right wing” of the labor party?

Thanks for posting.

82.7 in my electorate (Bendigo) voted, 68.7 voted Yes.

(most pleasing)

2 Likes

11 of the 17 that said no are in Western Sydney.

Only 6 electorates that voted no have conservative MPs. Meaning that the actual white redneck no vote was actually pretty small. It’s the migrant no vote that was actually more significant.

Abbotts electorate (Warringah) went a mammoth 75% yes.

Just like Trump and Brexit, the silent majority have spoken.

7 Likes

And now I’m seeing stuff on Facebook about how God should strike us down for this decision. And then the same people claiming the yes vote were the aggressive ones?

2 Likes

Also, and most importantly, I hope @bomberjase is having a ripping day.

21 Likes

The Calwell MP suggested that it could reflect the percentage of naturalised immigrants and could be a first generational cultural attitude. The churches and mosques in those areas provide social support to ethnic groups and attendance is high compared to mainstream religions

1 Like

Yep, a couple of drama queens (no pun intended) standing out like dog’s ball on social media. Actually think it’s the end of civilisation as we know it.

Highly likely seeing as the other Vic electorate is around Dandenong so a similar thing. Put that in with Western Sydney and it seems a large chunk of no voters were first generation Aussies

Would it be taking advantage of affairs to go gay for a day and murder a slab in my back yard instead of working? I’d dress up for it. All that footage of celebration is making me thirsty and distressingly straight.

Gay for a Day, if ever there was cause for a new public holiday, Nov 15

1 Like

Not shocked my electorate voted no

Which is ironic given most of the no campaigners want to stop them from coming

5 Likes

He’s had plenty of opportunity to reveal himself and tell us to vote no.
Horse has well and truly bolted there!

No, me either. Was a bit surprised with Herbert (Townsville) and the central east.

Any argument that the MPs in the NO electorates should reflect that in their House votes can be countered by asking Kevin Andrews the same thing about the High YES vote in his electorate. Moreover, as every State and Territory voted YES, where does that leave the Senators.?

CNN. com is running with it as the main news for the day.