Marriage is totally Gay

65% Yes in my QLD electorate.

I’m not a good person, nor do I have a good heart. But I can definitely be an a-hole.

1 Like

First generation , generally poorer No voters in Labor electorates understandable. But will be interested to understand the Bennelong No vote . I understand it has a high ethnic vote but possibly concentrated on a narrower wealthier ethnic mix.

Antony Green said there was a strong no campaigning in those electorates. It may have been a factor in the voting.

Nostalgia for former member John Winston Howard.

Didn’t they vote him out?

Howard had trouble relating to Asians.

1 Like

This is a legitimate observation. What the result in those areas tells you is that these people, whether via religion or other cultural constructs, have educated and activised, voted against equality for others. They had an alternative which was to abstain. I don’t know that this makes them a’holes but it does mark them as prepared to smite these others in a secular and largely free, open society. It’s a bad vibe man. As for the rest, well, unprepared to change their thinking, repulsed by the things gays do in bed, and in a lot of cases not long for this mortal coil. Nothing changes the fact the ■■■■■■■ thing should never have happened and it’s the conservative side of politics that did it, the ■■■■■■■ dog whistling dilettantes.

2 Likes

It’s all about the donation to the parish to conduct the ceremony - Upwards of $1000 today - That’s the sealer.

Only by 2400 votes (2 party preferred). Probably would have won it back easily in 2010 when Maxine lost her gloss.

He would still have a big following in the electorate & he was a high profile “no” campaigner.

72% yes in my electorate - highest in WA. Also probably the safest Tory seat in WA too.

This is what it’s all about

5 Likes

A few no groups in my area today talking about protesting at the first SS weddings that occur in the area.

I’m gonna head down to ALDI, buy a few dozen eggs and see if my arm still has that 91 MPH fast ball i had in my 20’s and nerf the ■■■■ out of any prick that does that.

14 Likes

Trips silent majority just told us latte sipping progressives they don’t like being told what to think.

Wait, no. The majority have spoken for fairness. Well done.

4 Likes

Today was a good intelligence test: highlighting who can work out that 7 is more than half of 12, and therefore not have to wait for the rest of the count to be announced before reacting.

3 Likes

There was a strong No campaign on social media such as WeChat (big amongst Chinese) by conservative Chinese.

Suspect Muslim communities would have also pushed the No barrow.

Howard the war criminal and Bush lackey?

3 Likes

Canavan spouting fake news about the London Jewish school being forced to close linked to SSM. The facts are otherwise. Not even a feather to fly with.

The Bakers Assoc. of Australia tells me they don't want to be involved in the debate. "What baker in their right mind would not bake someone a cake?" #auspol #MarriageEquality

— Elysse Morgan (@ElysseMorgan) November 15, 2017
10 Likes

#PrayForTrip

2 Likes