Marriage is totally Gay

Hang on a second. Are you trying to argue that someone who “honestly” believes gay people are evil so voted no, but despite believe they’re evil don’t hate them? Because I would have thought if they honestly think they’re the devil then they would hate them, and that invalidates your argument that “Not all no voters did so because they hate gay people”.

That said, I actually do believe some No voters don’t hate gay people. Some people are so wired to believe that what has gone before should continue on (as in social structures), that they’re honestly baffled by people who think change is good. And there are a very very small number of people who honestly think in a “dictionary sense” that marriage is one man and one woman, and that its just silly to change a dictionary definition to make a bunch of people happy. Even if that dictionary definition has real life implications.

However, I think Chester’s argument that they were still being ■■■■■■■■ when they voted No tends to mostly apply.

Yep.
Add about 45,000 Carlton members.

1 Like

The no vote heavily focussed in the traditional swing seats, working class western Sydney.

If you’re trying to argue the evils of organised religion, you’re doing a good job.

Some of the propaganda I saw that was circulated in mandarin was especially heinous. Stuff Stalin or hitler would be proud of.

Abbott has said he will vote his in accordance with his constituents wishes.

2 Likes

Don’t speak it’s name.

2 Likes

Let’s just get on with it now. Move all business aside to get this done in the next 2 sitting weeks. A momentous day for Australia.

2 Likes

The public is on a roll. What else can our elected representatives ask us to decide on their behalf?

1 Like

Hi everyone, thank you for this thread and for being awesome people. Today was a great day with my family and to know most people have our back was overwhelmingly beautiful.

I thought it was sad that Essendon posted a picture of Hepps in PB gear today with the simple statement “everyone matters” and some people were upset by that and were cancelling their memberships.
Anyway I will sleep well tonight and love you all. Heres to a great 2018, and one where after 18 years my marriage will be recognised.

42 Likes

Check out the Peter Cook movie The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer, available on Youtube, and see how that is designed to end.

as If they’re gonna be cancelling memberships, just played finals, just landed some big fish.

It’s party time.

I’ll buy another 4 memberships to make up for it.

Go Bombers

Go purple bombers

7 Likes

Cool.Well done Oz.

I heard @Alan_Noonan_10 did the same when they posted the Doctor Who gif later in the day. Some people are dumb.

Who’s Doctor Who?

I like Bill Shorten carrying on as if he alone carried the Yes vote, and by far the most electorates voting No were safe Labor.

I’d love him to publicly slag all those voting No.

that was embarrassing. i’m sure he is genuinely happy with the result, but it looked like bandwagon city by him.

3 Likes

I am doing enough of that for him.

1 Like

Ol’ Malc is looking chuffed too. Not really the same thing from the people’s champion though. Hanson.

Darren Chester has pointed out that 15 out of 16 National Party-held electorates voted yes

Was pretty happy to see this last night.

7 Likes