Marriage is totally Gay

I can see the validity in that argument too. I don’t know if it’s right.
I’m not sure how often it applies, if the Catholic Church say they don’t approve of SSM, who’s going to want to get married there?

I disagree with this sentiment HAP. A civil celebrant can have religious views or a conscience that influences the way they behave. I believe it is wrong to force them to do something that their conscience won’t allow.

1 Like

My personal beliefs are that 80km/h is far too slow on a multilane hwy, unfortunately the LAW over rides my personal beliefs…

2 Likes

You can believe what you want - but you can’t force it on me.

Catholic Church doctrine seems to be that kiddie fiddling is an internal matter - sometimes religion needs to be told to go and stick it.

3 Likes

not sure if intended, or just accidentally brilliant

They wouldn’t be forced to. They’d just be required to find a better reason not to marry a couple than “because they’re gay”, or find another profession that is more suited to their beliefs.

I don’t get why they say the legislation is going to take a while while amendments are voted on.

Call a vote in both houses with minimal or no amendments and tell Cory Bernardi, Kevin Andrews et al to go f*ck themselves with the rough end of a pineapple.

Even the LNP right can’t demand inside the party to filibuster it…they’ve lost that right 61.6 to 38.4

Given almost all of the safe L/NP seats were firmly Yes, they don’t want to have to vote because then it’ll make it very, very obvious who they really represent.

1 Like

We know who they represent already.

No it isn’t. That’s informal policy, not doctrine.

1 Like

The new law will likely be instant, but you still have to give one months notice before getting married.

If there are any gods they frequently show their colours in this way. Clearly don’t give a ■■■■ what we get up to but love having a laugh at the expense of knicker twisted moral arbiters

1 Like

What is the difference between a conscience, a belief and an opinion?

Conscientoue objection is pretty well established in regard to life and health ( in war and the bealth professions) not connected to religion ( but may reflect religious belief) ; a belief more closely connected to a religion or ethical creed; an opinion is personal .

Conscience is how you feel when you know you are doing something wrong. It is what makes us feel guilty when we are caught with our hand in the lolly jar as a kid! It is a strong inner feeling that can’t be shaken or dismissed.

Belief is something we are taught and accept. It can be changed over time when we realise we are wrong through experience.

Opinion is similar to belief but not as deeply entrenched in our psyche - ie., it can be swayed or changed much more easily.

That is what I think is the difference between the 3 - Conscience is the greatest motivator, followed by belief and the least of the 3 is opinion.

1 Like

Lets rename her stadium to Dame Edna or something.

1 Like

A mate of mine who is a comic and all round shitstirrer, did this shortly after her initial comments months ago over her statue.

Navratilova 's quote is the best part of that article. “It’s not just an opinion when you try to stop others”.

The second you write “NO” in the sky, take out ads, hand out pamphlets or preach oppression you are an evil piece of ■■■■.

2 Likes