Marriage is totally Gay

Thanks Mr Andrews, now move along, there’s a good boy.

Both. it is subjective so the truth of the matter is unobtainable.

It will come down to what you think makes a Man a woman or a woman a man.

Is just thinking as a man that your a woman enough to make you a woman, or need it be physical as well?

One of the points i was making was quoting both the Nature V nurture and the existential philosopher Paul sartre about being our nature or the sum of our experiences. … he said Experience precedes essence… and in that sense we are not our nature but how we experience, so if you experience yourself as a woman and your a man in essence… you are a woman due to experience as it precedes our nature.

The truth on it is unobtainable thats why it is important to keep an open mind to all forms sexual and gender fluidity… cant read peoples minds… even Gay to straight despite it being seen as from the confines of religious nutters opposed to all LGBTIQA rights… but you have to be careful not to throw out that it is possible Gay to straight is a real thing.

Have you seen the movie “i am micheal?”

No one is throwing it out.

That’s why words like fluidity exist.

People’s sexuality and how they identify their sexuality changes. You are the only one presenting any arguments against it. The rest of us except it.

Has anyone said that?

I felt it was inferred when you said Gay conversion therapy should be banned… well you didnt say that exclusively but atleast i think you felt that way given your reactions that you agreed that it should be banned.
The point im making about people stopping at lgbt rights i think is justified… i think alot of those who suport LGBTIQA rights stop at pro-gay and opposing scenarios are rejected like gay conversion with no discussion… there is a level of dogmatism there… … probably due to a zealous crackdown on homophobia over the last few decades (from the reverse side of those bashing and arresting LGBT for decades… its like a overcompensation of sorts… dialectic in nature), the idea a gay man could become straight seemingly becomes homophobic… given the celebration narrative of LGBTIQA… to not stay gay would feel like it was an afront to LGBT and the opposite of celebration considering it is supposed to be who you are that you are celebrating…
(think of it anthropologically)
but the sexual and gender fluidity has little bounds unless we find an aspect of it repulsive to societal norms and make laws to prevent it… those are few items like incest etc…

So as far as im concerned do or be what you want or think you are… including converting to hetrosexual through gay conversion if that is for you and what you want, as long as it is safe and your not being forced or coerced into it. so for me i have no major problem with gay conversion therapy that i would want to see it made illegal… i would personally prefer it be called therapy for dealing with your homosexual doubt or something… and the goal not to convert but to get the person to where they want to be… conversion is way too strong a word… but if someone wants to offer that service i can not see how it could be illegal and consistent with other services for other sexual issues doing similar things… preparing people mentally for transgender surgery or stopping being a sex addict etc… .

So do you accept that:

1: a Homosexual person can become a Hetrosexual ?

2: a Hetrosexual person can become a Bisexual?

Because is sounded to me like you reject 1. And i reject neither… so your statement is false.

Fark me, are you still here …

5 Likes

Yes, maybe it’s time to revisit homophobia as a valid course of action. What about anti semitism??

Ignore the douche.

1 Like

Yep Ant Maguire and his old man who are Grade A carnts. Ant Maguire was on Blitz for a very short period before getting the ban hammer, and was called out by Nick O’Brien in an Age article for being homophobic. Also, huge props to the EFC social media team for the way they responded to both these carnts social media trolling. Carnts.

3 Likes

No I don’t believe in binary.

There is a million different combinations and gradients in sexuality.

People can move through them as they please. I’ve had friends who have come out as gay. I have had friends who have had gay or bisexual relationships to then end up in hetrosexual relationships. I don’t define others sexuality based on who they are sleeping with currently it’s up to the individual to do so.

2 Likes

What the fkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk are you saying???

1 Like

Why are you mis-quoting me? dont bother answering i already know why.

Then why are you confusing me with someone who is presenting arguments against it?

im of the same view as you, only difference is you would deny someone seeking therapy for Gay conversion? which seems to be a contradiction given our shared view of sexual and gender fluidity. I accept that people might seek and want such a service for themselves which would be with in sexual and gender fluidity thats the difference, but you seem to exclude them.

This has been an idiotic argument.

People go to various types of counselling and therapy for mental health issues, societal problems, relationships, sexuality and many other things. All good, positive and absolutely should be encouraged and supported.

Gay Conversion “therapy” should never be supported or encouraged as it is a religion based forced brain washing technique that has no medical basis and has very sad and poor outcomes.

4 Likes

I’m no expert in this topic (or any topic for that matter), but a couple of points:

1. ‘Sexuality’ and ‘Gender’ are two completely different things, that seemed to have been interchanged / conflated in this discussion, which might be why the conversation isn’t really working.

2. My uncle was a gay man growing up Catholic in working-class Laverton in the 1950’s, so he had the unfortunate pleasure of undergoing Gay Conversion therapy as mandated by the local Catholic priest. This included electro shock treatment, you know, to ‘shock the gay away.’

Now, as religious institutions are well-known for their adherence to cutting-edge science, it’s quite possible that the field of gay conversion therapy has come a long way in that time. But, if I was a betting man…

3 Likes

I had the great privilege of swinging that hammer.

5 Likes

So, it’s been a few months since SSM became legal and I’ve noticed that the world hasn’t quite ended yet. My dog doesn’t even seem remotely interested in marrying the the neighbour’s cat, and nobody I know has filed for divorce in the meantime. Was all that angst from the anti-SSM proponents worth it?

Did that uber-religious couple from Canberra end up getting divirced like they kept (loudly) telling the media they would?

4 Likes

But the bakers, though…

Apparently they backed down on the whole thing. To everyone’s shock and amazement

3 Likes