Match day thread - Adelaide (R18 of 2019)

It’s bulllshit isn’t it. Clarke is doing nothing differently to his previous six weeks, but all of a sudden they’re free kicks.

I’m so so so so so done with the way AFL matches are umpired.

1 Like

Only takes one.

Stringer- goal of the year.

Not to mention AFL house coming out with their commentary about too much tackling, which is just code for defensive football

I’ll wait and see on the replay. I suspect there are some getting counted that are impeding the player but not impeding their disposal.

I know it’s early but what are the outs and ins for next week?

it’s generally a league wide issue, saw King do a story on it, siad players have been using the NRL to both learn how to tackle and how to break the tackle.

Please leave you are being reasonable.

1 Like

Will just be glad to get this game out of the way. Clearly our ‘hardest’ fixture game in the run home.

Control the damage (please!) in the second half with a 3-4 goal loss and come back and prepare for Gold Coast.

Hold this margin or get a bit closer in the second half and every passing minute is a win. And stop flat trackers like Jenkins getting any more cheapies.

2 Likes

We have a couple of onballers not pulling their weight. Fix this and we are back in the game. Guelfi looks lost…I’d have loved to see Ridley on the wing instead…has more composure.

We need to attack the man with the ball and then fark it, run the bastards

1 Like

Out: fumbles
In: better skills

1 Like

Lack of forward structure- Defensive set up from kick ins, fumbling, poor tacking technique etc…

When we got that mystery free in the back pocket deep in red time I got the chance to personally tell Margetts he was still ■■■■.

5 Likes

We’re not great, but we’re not out of it.

Yet.

Franca is working his ginger freckled ■■■■ off.

Their pressure is in line with outs, but their tuck and clearance work is completely unimpeded.

3 Likes

Its not hometown - its Margetts (or however you spell that ■■■■■ names)

Some of our players are built like Forky from Toy Story 4.

Even if those guys pin the arms, they’d do a Gary Rohan on Gleeson in THAT match and ragdoll us away :joy:

In all seriousness, we could stick em a little better. Would be nice.

2 Likes

Mids getting smashed. Need to win some more contested ball. & agree need to man up better in defence. Having said all that we are still in it & hopefully will fight it out.

Amen

The farken Aints have got Billy Slater FFS!
Surely there is another Storm or Rebels player who could be hired part time

Margetts: Best bouncer in the game.

He is also a top 5 tossah as well.

1 Like