Match day thread. Essendon v GC

Cmon boys. We all desperatly want a win. The club, supporters and most of all players need it

No late changes. Raz sub

Yeah, he was five over and play on was not called. But don't you worry your pretty little head with rules and stuff.

Had this argument with a Hawthorn supporter recently. They get away with it all the time. Also the masters of the guy "just running past 3.5m from the kicker effectively closing down one side of the options for quick movement.

And an Essendon player turns to kick and sees some guy in the zone so stops. It’s play on every day of the week when it should be 50 every time.

And then Essendon look like moving a mm past the mark and cop an insta 50.

Sorry if explained before, who were the black arm bands for?

Black armbands are being worn for former player and Under 19s coach Peter Hickmott who was an important part of our club. #AFLSunsDons

TV watchers: can you confirm the goal ump's mistake decided the game?

Nah, it was just one of 3 that all decided the game, given the margin.
It looked over the line, but the camera wasn’t in any position to give a side on view. No cameras on the posts at GC apparently. Don’t know why not.
Worst and most costly decisions of the day

1. Lynch push in the back, both hands, free kick even in schoolyard footy.
  2. Stanton clear mark, play on, spill, walk in goal to GC.
  3. Hurley’s goal.

Add the throw by Bennell in his 1-2 that he goaled from in the first quarter.

But Bennell.

WSPHU.

Was it just me or should Dempsey have got a 50 in the middle of the ground with a minute to go? Bennell looked a mile over the mark and never got behind it

With the way that game was played by the umpires did you expect anything less??

Horrible game by all accounts, skill level and umpiring. Good luck trying to figure out Brownlow votes

Well we lose, but we win… right??

Yeah, he was five over and play on was not called. But don’t you worry your pretty little head with rules and stuff.

Was it just me or should Dempsey have got a 50 in the middle of the ground with a minute to go? Bennell looked a mile over the mark and never got behind it

yes yes yes

Clear double standards all day.
GC players were anticipating a play on call in the end. Essendon play looks sideways, or maybe even turns to face his own goals after marking - play on. Happened about 25 times.
GC mark - no play on call, Melksham hanging around like a bad smell but doing nothing (which is one of his strengths) - 50m and goal from the square.
And yes, it did look to me that Bennell just kept moving forward over the mark, and the umpire did nothing. Was that even the one where he held up play to make sure the Essendon player didn’t interfere with the man on the mark.
LOL

Anybody, anybody. Hooksy considered the armband important !

Over afl. Glad we sacked our coach as it was so important to do it right away and made an immediate impact.

See ya.

What do you expect from Razor Ray and his hemchmen. Come on.

That and any of four other goals the maggots gave them.

Carlisle was awful today. First time I’ve felt I wouldn’t be gutted if he left, just didn’t seem to care until the last couple of minutes.
When you have guys like Bags playing their heart out and you can’t make the effort to support then I don’t want that player in my side.

So we won by three goals if the umpires got it right.

Nah, it was just one of 3 that all decided the game, given the margin.
It looked over the line, but the camera wasn’t in any position to give a side on view. No cameras on the posts at GC apparently. Don’t know why not.
Worst and most costly decisions of the day

1. Lynch push in the back, both hands, free kick even in schoolyard footy.
  2. Stanton clear mark, play on, spill, walk in goal to GC.
  3. Hurley’s goal.

Yeah, no **** given.

The camera angles weren''t great and they only replayed it once but it certainly looked like a goal.

Of course didn’t rate a mention for the rest of the game. If it had happened to to the Hawks or the Pies they would be ordering a royal commission.

100% djr not to mention to mention the Stanton mark and the hep free

Over afl. Glad we sacked our coach as it was so important to do it right away and made an immediate impact.