Match Review: Adelaide v EFC Witches Hats

How good is Laverde going to be.

It is now official, we are in the 70’s again, the worst years of my life as an Essendon supporter and they have returned.

Can’t really argue with the result.

IMO it’s got to be about quite a bit more than just Hird staying or going.

And rightly or wrongly, Hirdy may not be solely judged on his coaching right now but that is exactly the same as the players not being solely judged on their talent.

Thats just the reality of where we are at.

The only decision I am really invested in right now is whether we try to compete next year or commit to a comprehensive list regeneration process and do it properly (which will take a couple of years).

Everything else seems pretty irrelevant right now.

Wada needs to be dealt with of course, but I think even if we get a good result there, some players are probably just never going to come back from all this which is the sad reality, but reality nonetheless.

At our best (which admittedly we haven’t seen for a while) we are a good team - but as always the worry is that our full list will make us competitive and will continue to see us mid-table for years to come.

Club has a couple of big decisions to make, and not just about the coach.

Even considering Betts kicked 5, Baguley was easily our best player.

I reckon this summed up the match.
We had nothing to play for.

Bags is a v good player but couldnt stop their will to win.

I don’t even feel angry, just a little dead inside.

3 more games to go until this disaster of disasters is over

Why do people keep bagging Steinberg?
Hes played ■■■■ all games and keep getting the oppositions tallest forward or resting ruckmen in a team thats getting thrashed! Holding Jenkins to 3 goals was a top effort considering!

Club has a couple of big decisions to make, and not just about the coach.

Jake Carlisle is probably the one who’s going to make them for us.

If Steinberg didn't play we would have won!
  • Marty Funkhauser

"Steinberg has been directly responsible for every goal the opposition has kicked on us since 1997’

Refusal to play 2 rucks doesn’t help. Was I wrong to hope that Goddard’s injury would keep him out for the rest of the season? He should not have come back on - butchered it time and time again as he played with a clear injury. Gutsy effort sure but for what benefit?

The players love Hird, i don't think anybody would dispute that. But they aren't playing for him.

Really poor form to bronx joe, really poor.

What evidence is there of this? If they loved the guy they'd play a bit better in order to take the pressure of him. It looks more like the opposite from where I sit.
The players love Hird, i don't think anybody would dispute that. But they aren't playing for him.
they may love him but they don't fear him, hence they don't fear putting in performances like this as nothing will come of it to them, he might get the sack, but he won't punish them for a performance like this.

which is why it’s also dangerous to move forward based on players perceptions of the coach. you’ve gotta earn the right to dictate to the club who should be leading you.

tis sad, cos the more this happens the more i can see him getting sacked, which sadly doesn’t help things. it’s a car crash waiting to happen, and we are watching it in slow motion and know what’s gonna happy, but can’t do anything to stop it.

Laverde is a ■■■■■■■ ripper.

Jay Clark saying Heppell close to tears in the rooms.

Why do people keep bagging Steinberg? Hes played ■■■■ all games and keep getting the oppositions tallest forward or resting ruckmen in a team thats getting thrashed! Holding Jenkins to 3 goals was a top effort considering!

He simply is not AFL standard, if we accept players like him as best 22 then we will continue to be an irrelevant side in this competition. He tries hard, works hard but just doesn’t have the skills for this level. It is not about who he plays on and what he is copping by playing on them, it is simply about whether he is good enough and he isn’t.

We’ve got old players at the
Young players
Depressed players
Players coming back from long term injury
And WADA
OUr players have been heroic playing well despite the sh1 t storm around them for 3 egging years
Now they can’t do it anymore

WE ARE FAIR DINKUM SHITHOUSE RIGHT NOW

Hird under the blowtorch huh. Cos he hasn’t been the last 3 years? Fark off.

No one is happy with the results but I back the club to turn it around after we get the all clear from CAS.

Really poor form to bronx joe, really poor.

I would really love my boss too if I perform like that week after week… And in the presser his biggest criticism is that we should have taken our chances!

How good was Laverde! Top 10 pick on talent for the bargain of pick 20 and seeing Carlton take Boekhorst

Same disposals, more clearances, more tackles, 14 more handball receives, same free kicks…lose by 112. Utterly incomprehensible.