MATCH REVIEW: Dons > Pies

At the game I thought that we were pretty rough and a long way off our best. What I really liked at the time was the fight and endeavour we showed; what I didn’t like was the skill errors.

Having watched it again on replay I still think we were not at our best, but we were definitely on the way back towards it. Collingwood were really very poor and had only a few good players and we should have put them away a lot earlier than we did. But some of the attacking football we played was sensational and we kicked another 100+ point score.

Hooker had a bad day and Joe Dan again had problems with his kicking, but Orazio found his mojo again and Darcy Parish was back to last year’s form. Zaharakis is producing one of his really good seasons, and Goddard, despite the mandatory brain fade, Is still going very strong.

Next week will be a huge test. St Kilda have found some really good form and we will have to be right back to Port Adelaide form if we’re to match them, let alone beat them. We’ve had so many tests like this, and we still continue to fail them more often than we pass. I have hopes, but zero expectations.

4 Likes

he’s ripped us so many new ones over the years, we shouldn’t really gloat - kinda like trash-talking vs an opponent who’s kicked 5 goals on you… .

There was a point in the second quarter where the score was 46 - 16 and we missed two sitters, could have gone into second half 10 goals up.

The one thing everybody should be happy with, is the first 5 of the fourth quarter, we had 16 possies, 2 goals, 1 point to 2 disposals.

MAGPIE DONIMATION. ENVY OF THE NATION.

3 Likes

Posted in the JoeDan thread but will post it here as well.

First qtr, 12 - 14 pies up, smelliot kicks a point.

Clock 6:55

Hurley kicks to himself, spears a 50 metre perfect kick to JoeDan, JoeDan turns, casually drills another 50 metre milimetre perfect pass to Jobe in the centre circle, Jobe turns and kicks it to Zaka and Raz vs 2, Zaka kicks goal.

Clock 6:35

Beautiful football.

5 Likes

For sure. He has broken my heart on many an occasion, which is why I commented. I certainly didn’t intend to gloat, but understand why you saw it that way.

1 Like

Laughed out loud when I read that sign yesterday. WTF does that even mean

Has any player in history been happier than JoeDan after he made Pendlebury his b*tch, slotted the goal and then knocked Maynard over?

Look at that smile!

37 Likes

Love how not one of Maynards team mates stood up for him…

8 Likes

I believe “giggling like school girls” could be an apt description of our forward line after that love tap.

9 Likes

In IT’s defence if you are going to be either extremely positive (like IT) or extremely negative (like a few of us) for the sake of health people should choose the extreme positive. Yeah, finding a positive out of the Brisbane game is pretty stupid, but so is finding a negative out of beating Collingwood on ANZAC day :wink:
Anyway, as has been said, this 4 points is underwhelming only because of what happened last week. We really have to pinch 8 points from 2 matches in the last 7 that we weren’t expected to win, this Friday would be a good start.

It’s been a rule since the maggots gave a GF to Hawthorn vs Melbourne in late 80s. (Jim Stynes as the victim then).

Look at Stewart’s reaction!

30 Likes

Watching it again, I reckon the 50m penalty was paid just before that because Langdon (#8) went too close to Hooker

2 Likes

LOL

jebus we broke the pies (again)

What an absolute pelican time to take a dive. It’s like he wanted everyone to know he’s a massive loser.

4 Likes

Looking at that clip, I reckon Joe is channeling Mr Bean.

Why can’t I find a Nelson HaHa picture where he’s pointing downwards?!?

3 Likes

Sam Gilbert likes this

3 Likes