Match Review - Eagles

Don’t actually think that could have gone much worse

Smashed on our home deck

Gumby looked lost, forward line terrible.

Winders looked good then went down

Next 3 weeks could be painful

Positives, it thought Pears and Hardy looked pretty good.

We’re cooked again at the end of the season.

No idea why, but no amount of mental fatigue would stop you being able to run.

Reload for 2014.

I don't blame that dude for running on the ground. Twice.

I think we've all had enough.

- No capable fwd

- No run

- Press not working

-Too much entry from the opposing 50.

- The wall.

That's it. See you guys next year. Hopefully, we come back bigger and better.

cocaine trumphs peptides.

Turned it off with 10 minutes left, come back now to see we conceded another 4 goals. I reckon the Demons could take us right now. They seriously look like they’ve been through the wrecker - no spark, dash, flair or other words you associate with good teams. The forward line is a disgrace. It’s only gonna get uglier from here. Other teams in the bottom half of the 8 will be praying they get us first week of finals.

No discipline. No sprit.

Very sad.

cocaine trumphs peptides.

Seems to work for Pies as well.

Putting aside that mentally the lads are gone, how many times this year have the forward entries been totally wasted? Far too many, and we’ve been banging on about it all year.

No conversion despite ample forward entries.

Ran out of legs. And ran out of legs really early, it only started showing on the scoreboard later.

Watson is a shadow of the player he was earlier in the season.

Zaharakis tagged. Priddis not tagged.

Ruckmen were pretty, pretty bad.

Winderlich injured.

Fletcher reported (and deserves to go).

I feel for the players, I really do.

Oh, and a shout out to the arseholes who bronxed Gumby every time he marked the ball, which was a fair bit.

Classy.

We’re the kings of ******* up a taper. Seriously, how hard is it to play out a season. It happens every ****** year.

No conversion despite ample forward entries.
Ran out of legs. And ran out of legs really early, it only started showing on the scoreboard later.
Watson is a shadow of the player he was earlier in the season.
Zaharakis tagged. Priddis not tagged.
Ruckmen were pretty, pretty bad.
Winderlich injured.
Fletcher reported (and deserves to go).
I feel for the players, I really do.

On the plus side after we get smashed by the blues, north and then the tigers nobody is going to give a flying $%^# if we play finals or not. 

Losing Licha was a major bow. Without him an Dempsey we have no spark off halfback. In a gsme plan that relies on rebound footy that is fatal, as today proved.

Also I’m sure the ASADA thing has to make a huge difference - in the end its mental strength that gets a payer to force a tired body to go the extra yard. Subconsciously our boys just don’t have anything left, and no wonder. I know plenty of people will say that this fade out keeps happening year after year and that’s true, but IMO, without the ridiculous amount of pressure on the players especially over the last few weeks, we would definitely be finishing stronger.

A fit Dempsey and Licha, Crama and Hurley same, and get rid of the ASADA debacle and thuings would be very different.

Daniher comes in and plays every game including the finals game.

He is the future of our forward line supposedly so get him in there and throw him to the wolves.

Time to get a look at the rest of the list, it’s all about 2014 now. West coast showed up our lack of speed with Dempsey missing and Licha subbed out. Time to let guys like Dalgleish , Merrett and Kav have a run.

For the sake of the integrity of the finals the AFL cannot let Essendon participate.

Can't have an uncompetitive rabble appearing in a final.

There is certainly a trend that's been going on for years and years. Whether it's a training issue, a fitness issue. Structures. The team just doesn't run out the seasons well.

Our forward line does not show the confidence it needs to.

The issue I think is that it is still a young side. The problem is we don't have enough strong midfielders willing to win the ball with urgency.

Goddard has been incredible. Probably our best player for the season. He is leading the Dream Team.

Dissapointing, but this season has been nothing short of tragic off the field. To win 13 games is still a good effort.

Time to get a look at the rest of the list, it's all about 2014 now. West coast showed up our lack of speed with Dempsey missing and Licha subbed out. Time to let guys like Dalgleish , Merrett and Kav have a run.

Agree.

Daniher comes in and plays every game including the finals game.

He is the future of our forward line supposedly so get him in there and throw him to the wolves.

The problem is that he now runs out a game with less effectiveness than when he was recruited. Do they actually train the players at the new HPC?