Match Review - Eagles

The same discusting end to the year with 6 straight loss’s coming.

As sickening as this asada thing has been,what I could NOT accept

was the same ending as last year=fark this ■■■■.

Hird has to be judged on last 6 weeks more than the off field issues.

Last the weeks 200 points in arears,worst than dees and GWS combined!

Time to get a look at the rest of the list, it's all about 2014 now. West coast showed up our lack of speed with Dempsey missing and Licha subbed out. Time to let guys like Dalgleish , Merrett and Kav have a run.

They'd want a good pre-season. Get the players fresh again. Just need to fine tune the forward line and midfield so that they are both confident aspects of the teams skills.

First we have to wait and see what happens with players staying or leaving post contracts etc.

We're the kings of ******* up a taper. Seriously, how hard is it to play out a season. It happens every ****** year.

This is a very dark period for the club, post 2001 and the inconsistency is still going on. We now know what Richmond went through, sort of.

Just a real shame. We were one of the big competitive clubs once upon a time.

I feel for TRB, there is probably a lot of challenges at the football club that we don't realise.

We're the kings of ******* up a taper. Seriously, how hard is it to play out a season. It happens every ****** year.

And with North, Carlton and Richmond to come, it's only going to get worse!

This is a very dark period for the club, post 2001 and the inconsistency is still going on. We now know what Richmond went through, sort of.

Just a real shame. We were one of the big competitive clubs once upon a time.

I feel for TRB, there is probably a lot of challenges at the football club that we don't realise.

Of course there are serious challenges, but this has happened at every year Hird has been at the club. They must realise that something is clearly not working at the end of the year. The only possible thing this can be is training. The weapon alluded to this and it is really evident in our performances. I have said before that the top teams are doing significantly more training than us. They just become acclimatised to bigger workloads, much like a great Ethiopian or Kenyan distance runner would.
Gumby is a perfect example. When coming to the club he could run an outstanding beep test. I shudder to think what he would run now.

Big challenge to rescue our season and some pride and win at least 1 out of the last 3. 2 would be great.

The farks were always going to start reason our obituary and they’ve started.

Wanna shut em up at least one more time.

Hopefully Fletch plays next week, will be a huge day for the club. Hope we can beat those ■■■■■■ and give him the result he deserves. Lets makes it an interstate atmosphere for them at their home ground.

Stand by the club.

Screenshot_2013-08-11-15-51-08.png

Never in the history of the afl has a team won so many stats to have twice (9) more free kicks against.

The amount of times the ball was kicked to an essendon player in the forwardline being held was enough to make you want to get on the field and belt an umpire. That and the difference in HTB rules for Eagles players compared to Essendon players was un ■■■■■■■ believable.

I don't blame the boys for giving up, from the first minute there was three extra eagles players with whistles.

SHAME AFL, ******* SHAME.

lets not all panic and start bagging players / the club .

obviously been a stressfull year off field and it is starting to show itself in the players mind and hence their on field performance.

stick fat.

who knows how this will play out in the end

we might not lose points

we might be "exonerated' yet.

Keep cool

everyone not associated with the efc Can

G A G F !

We would just about be begging the AFL to take our points at this point 

Okay the players are under stress,BUT if the ain’t up for it ■■■■ them off to the vfl and play the kids since their is no FARKEN point.

How many fark’n years in a row is this going to happen!

Just got home from that disaster. I think if the free kick count is similar next week we have a discipline problem..and not with our team.

We can't even really judge the players here, we have no idea what effect the Asada thing is having on them and how much of it is the same old ■■■■. If there's a problem we can't fix it, just have to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Pig played well. He has really come along this year and can run out games.

Haven't been this angry after a performance since the 2nd north game last year.

When was the last time we actually finished a season full of steam... maybe 2003 or 2004.

How this can happen year after year for a club as big as ours is pathetic.

The players gave their all in the 1st half, then pretty much just gave it up as soon as it got tough in the 2nd half. The players have constantly said that football has taken their mind off other things- then show it on the field. Today was accountable ■■■■■!

We don't have any decent forwards. Gumbleton is not an AFL standard player- end of story. If Winders hadn't of gone down, he would of been subbed.

The umpires were beyond disgusting today. Apologies to those around me but i went full retard a couple of times.

We need a forward line coach. The amount of ball we put in there with no result is beyond frustrating. Been happening for far too long.

Winders looked great until he did his hammy- poor guy can't catch a break.

so fkn angry!!!!!!

There is a real chance we will not win a game for the rest of the year. After last years debacle- i never thought i would say those words again. sigh

Changes will be made in the off-season, because quite frankly, we aren't going to win a flag with this current setup. Whether it be the playing group, the coach, or the way we play, I'm not sure, but something needs to be changed.

In good news. Monfries kicked 7 goals against the cats. Nice one Gus!

P.Ryder. The man who could be anything, however only ever amounts to nothing. Cupido-esk in the waste of talent stakes.

Screenshot_2013-08-11-15-51-08.png

Never in the history of the afl has a team won so many stats to have twice (9) more free kicks against.

The amount of times the ball was kicked to an essendon player in the forwardline being held was enough to make you want to get on the field and belt an umpire. That and the difference in HTB rules for Eagles players compared to Essendon players was un ******* believable.

I don't blame the boys for giving up, from the first minute there was three extra eagles players with whistles.

SHAME AFL, ******* SHAME.

The umpiring was bad, but not half as bad as our use of the ball.

Too many of our key ball winners have subpar disposal and turn the ball over far too often.

The effort was there today, the execution was not.

Anyone got any info on how bad Winders hammy was?

I didn't see any incident where he clearly did it and I'm pretty sure when he put the red vest on he didn't have any ice or strapping on it. 

Could it be that it was just tight so he might be a chance to play again before the season is out?

I’m not one to make excuses, but I think it’s pretty clear that this whole ASADA saga is really biting now. Playing with very little zest, which is understandable. Stress, mental exhaustion, has a huge effect on energy and stamina, and the results of that are clear to see.

Having said that, the same old structural problems cost us. With so much of the ball and do many foward 50’s we should be doing a lot better. That’s the challenge to get right for next season.