Match Review: Essendon+Essington+Essendon def Lions

Hard work. Got ahead of ourselves in that second quarter

3 Likes

Fantasia will be All Australian this year.
Mark my words.

18 Likes

Toughed it out and ran the game out better than them. Raz amazing. Zach is a champ. The returning players just kept having a crack. Colyer great.

Umps… deplorable both ways. Back to the vfl for them.

3 Likes

Smack is out unless Belly or Looney aren’t fit. He just didn’t compete tonight when it was suited for him with an undersized ruck. Thanks for the one good game.

1 Like

Well that was…emotional.

5 Likes

Don’t know how we won that. Lost all the key stats

Zerrett with atleast 5 Brownlow votes in his first two games.

4 Likes

ok, were do i start?

• Tippas run
  • MCGs composure in the 4th!
  • Over 100 points again
  • Joe Kicking!
  • Jobe was amazing all game.
  • Langford amazing composure to slot in his 1st
  • Hurleys and Kellys defence!
  • Raz
  • Stanton!

negatives

• Our ruck got smashed. Martin was BOG by far,
  • losing lead
  • a bit outside too many times in that 3rd.

a hard 5 goal win, next!

7 Likes

Sorry everyone, my fault. I turned the game on when we were 42 points up. As usual, the boys played ■■■■ when I am watching.

12 Likes

We had a poor third quarter, but the first half and last quarter we were excellent

I’m very happy we were behind by 2 in the last, everything against us and credit to Brisbane, they were playing well. But we found a way and won by 27, that was the biggest positive for me

19 Likes

McGrath super impressive late in the game.

24 Likes

Happy with the win. 5 goal win and won 3 quarters.

A lot of players cooked by half time, which many expected. Impressively it was the young guys that stood up in the 4th. McGrath, Tippa, Raz and Merret all huge last quarters.

Will be better for the run and better when a true ruckman comes in.

2 Likes

Can we please sign RAZ up for another 5 years?

18 Likes

Backup a truck full of money.

4 Likes

Smack just lost all confidence when Martin got on top in that second half and we literally lost 10 clearances in a row. I don’t understand why we cant go full defensive in our centre bounce set up and look to rove from the opposite ruckman or at least nullify.

• I like Marty but I’m ■■■■■■■■ myself every time he goes near the ball, I’d just prefer Dea. More consistent, stronger, less mistakes
  • forward line looked great again, Fantasia is just huge
  • Hurley and Hartley beaten and defence overall looked shaky
  • Zac Merret incredible

Great to get a win that I thought was beyond us at one point.

5 Likes

Well done Stants. Great Essendon player and person.

42 Likes

Toughed it out against an opponent who threw everything at us. Lots to work on, but the team should only get better as the season goes on.

Fantasia is a farking star!

2 Likes

Enters the select group of Essendon players to have played 250 games and at least one winning milestone game.

17 Likes

We won an away game, a landmark game, a game where we gave up a big lead.

We can take the four points and learn from it all.

I’ll take it.

27 Likes

Incredibly harsh. Firstly he has 3cm on him, 6 if don’t include smack’s neck. They broke even for 3 out if 4 quarters and smack bounced back in the last to even up the contest

7 Likes