Match Review: Essendon monsters St Kilda

Whats great is we have the problem of fitting Watson into that team.
Laverde is possibly ready now after a few weeks back of VFL.
Ambrose not too far away.

Bird and Myers were pretty good at the coal face.
Bellchambers beat Hickey. Hickey had some bad errors, running in to carlisle when he was about ti mark it, dropping a sitter in defence. Can see why they prefer longer.
Colyer and stuart could have ended up with more.

Goddard had a couple of poor turnovers be he kept going and had a pretty good game.

Tippa magic from the boundary early after pressuring 3 of themto rush it to the boundary.

Kelly in great form his hands were clutch in defence when we were flicking it round inder pressure.

Hurley repelling lots of attacks again.
Daniher kicking straight from easy shots.

1 Like

How does he compare to Tyrone Vickery? It’s a close call

2 Likes

If i was going to be double fisted in public by X I’d require at least a thousand beers…

4 Likes

Stewart was uncharacteristic.

Colyer, I swear when he start nailing those running goals is going to create so many headaches for teams. Shutting down three super fast goal kicking small forwards is a very tough gig for any backline. Throw in another one from the midfield and some serious panic is going to set it.

2 Likes

For all the talk of our ageing list, Kelly is the only bloke that played for us last night that might retire.

That side has more than just this year to keep getting better together without losing too much talent.

1 Like

It was a great night to be a Bombers fan. Just sent a txt of JOEDAN’s mark to a few of my mates. No comments needed.

Some of the lesser lights were great last night: Myers, Heartley and of course Marty. I though Birdy was useful too. Great depth player to come in and play a role.

I have been watching TIPPA a bit over the last few weeks, and not sure if he is 100%. Same for Dys. Good to see Corgi getting amongst it.

We are playing a great brand of footy.

Enjoy the weekend.

2 Likes

Me all weekend after last night’s win

1 Like

Love how we all know next week is the true test.

We are one, Go Bombers.

McGrath went at 100% as well.

2 Likes

Remember that Gumby Mark at training that became a meme on here? This is actually that mark.

5 Likes

I’ve run outta likes.

Titus O’Reilly eat your heart out.

1 Like

Is Green standing on Walla in that shot?!

Can’t believe the comment count is only at 231 after such a big win by the boys. C’mon Blitzers get on here and start talking about it !

KAPOW!!!
Take that, biiatch!!!

10 Likes

“St Kilda feeling like they’re in a pressure Tsunami!!”

27 Likes

Hopefully it is Richmond at the G!

1 Like

THAT HOOF

By Myers

11 Likes

One of the best signs for me was that at the end of the game they didn’t sing the song like they had just won the Grand Final, they sung it in a way that said “We still have a job to do”. Therefore I predict that they will play in a similar fashion next week.

2 Likes

Second Nazi: Have you noticed that our caps actually have little pictures of skulls on them?
Hans: I don’t… er-
Second Nazi: Hans… are we the baddies?

11 Likes

NW: But I’m a CHF with awes-
MH: Hurley says to SHUT. UP.

1 Like