Match Review - FARK Carlton

I know this won’t go down well in here, but watsons disposal has been ordinary in all 3 games. Obviously a year out may effect this but I cringe every time he goes to kick the ball.
We’ve always been an ordinary disposal team and it really shows in wet weather games.

Oh well hopefully it’s sunny in Adelaide next week and we can reload our game plan. Should be a good game.

2 Likes

You can always destroy it on the replay.

2 Likes

Very dissapointing loss mainly because of the hope that we would be so much better this year. And good sides win those games.
But after copping an hour of gloating from blose supporting mates, l congratulated them on the win, but told them in weather like that l think its like picking up the drunk hot girl. Yes it happened but it doesn’t really count.

3 Likes

Like others have said obviously a disappointing loss.

There were far too many liabilities out there today i.e. Daniher and Langford.

If we are going to be a good team we need to learn to win in all conditions.

We are still a good team however and it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if we take it up to the Crows next week.

Panic mode was back showing its ugly head again today for some unknown reason, especially from the experienced players.
We’d shown improved decision making and been able to withstand implied pressure pretty well the first two rounds, yet sadly ■■■■ carlton was able to rattle us.
If we weren’t giving off ridiculous 1 ft handballs to stagnant players we were rushing to throw the ball on boot today. Our smarts and skills were well down today.
We are still way to slow defensively in the midfield which gets shown up if the skills entering F50 are poor.

daniher a liability?

LOL. mate.

5 Likes

I knew the weather would hurt us as the style we try to play isn’t geared to the wet, but we really outdid ourselves in not adapting to the conditions. The amount of times we over possessed the ball for no result or got caught not playing in front of the opponent was incredible. Although they did look much better marking than we did.

It seems Woosha had “No plan B” Its like we have been coached to play dry weather football, which is only guaranteed at Etihad, not the G, not in WA not in QLD and not in Sydney, all this emphasis on ball movement etc is good but It doesnt work in the same way when it rains.

?

Did you not see Rowe destroying him every time the ball went near him?

I felt that we were in for a ■■■■■■ day when Raz tried to dribble our first attempt at goal from an impossible angle when it seemed like he was metres in the clear and could’ve run straight to the goal line or even opened up the goal mouth for an easy goal…but no, he had to try and make it look spectacular. FMD!

2 Likes

Fitzpatrick will be smug tonight

i just reckon its an odd choice to pick out daniher

Why the fking fk of a fk would you watch the replay? Fk

12 Likes

Woosha’s comments

• over use. too many times tried for the extra handball and stuffed it up instead of quickly getting it forward

• tried to play it too much contested/in close instead of spreading hard to open game up.

• fwds not reading the play of our mids (chemistry issue) and also blues defenders always had the drop on them in front position. Not switched on

Not his fault players over using it, even Heppell / Watson and co guilty of it. Not his fault fwds so often caught behind.

The side played dumb footy for the conditions

3 Likes

Kept waiting for us to implement Plan B. Took me way too long to work out that it possibly doesn’t exist.

3 Likes

I re-watched Ambrose sending the Greatest Player Of All Time™ flying. That was worth it.

5 Likes

This was concerning, goddard had an interview where he mentioned that we had back up plans incase plan A didn’t work.

1 Like

Fitzpatrick will be the same ugly, arrogant, dishonest, unscrupulous prick he is every night.

2 Likes

[quote=“theDJR, post:256, topic:10222, full:true”]

[quote=“SMJ, post:253, topic:10222, full:true”]
Why the fking fk of a fk would you watch the replay? Fk

Sadistic pleasures?

Very astute comment pbomber
Shouldn’t be seen as a reflection on Leueny but SMACK and his bustle would have provided our outside runners with more time and more goal scoring opportunities.