Match Review - FARK Carlton

Which is all fine.

Are you going to drop those who were the worst offenders?

If they played a loose in defence (which we managed to pick out every foray forward) where the fk was our loose in the backline?

It was a frustrating game in that whenever we’d kick it straight to Docherty, he’d bomb it to the wing, where it was somehow 2 on 1, where they would then get it to forward 50, where you’d be sure we’d outnumber them and it was 3 on 3. We just didnt run hard enough to get numbers to the contest

also, hooker, played a very selfish game for mine. tried to take mark of the year about 3 times in the worst conditions imaginable, instead of doing the team thing (which FC did) and just getting a contest and dropping the ball into a dangerous position. thought he cost us about 4 or 5 decent contests in forward 50. This allowed them to clear the ball very very easily, whereas we struggled so hard to get it out of defensive 50

the pressure was certainly on our backline, for what seemed about 70% of the game

3 Likes

i won’t rest until Francis,Begley,Green and Laverde are all in this side at the same time. Will add the steel we need, like Solly and the Johnsons were to the 2000 line up.

3 Likes

Patience. Wait until Fletcher and Fletcher are in the team.

1 Like

Where are all the super positive wankers that criticise anyone that is a realist about us. If you didn’t at least expect that ■■■■ to be served up today you are completely and utterly delusional. So predictable. The funny thing was the only 2 guys i thought were good for us were the 2 that came from successful clubs in kelly and goddard. The rest have been serving up these kinda shockers for years.

4 Likes

We played like utter garbage. Were gonna get smashed in Adelaide

Were we? What was the result?

2 Likes

Just as the ball was bouncing OOB from the Kelly kick, that **** Fisher was looking back towards umpire Jeffrey who was in the 50 who physically signalled to Fisher, telling him to pay deliberate. When you watch the footage you can even hear him going, ‘Pay it, pay it.’

Just further evidence that Fisher has got deadset no idea what the fk he is doing and that a five year-old could run around out there and be less incompetent than that farkwit.

Not an excuse or to take anything away from our insipid game, but those morons were fkg utterly disgusting today and Pannell the afl plant was his typical cheating self.

Agree I’ve been saying this since jlt. Mind you he was one of the better players today.

1 Like

I appreciate your pep talk.

I must be getting old because I can remember some of his deft touches resulting in game winning goals over the last two weeks, am I losing my marbles, or has today’s wind blown the brains out of some of the people here

coming off one year away and averaging 30 possies is a super hero effort in itself

instrumental in our win last week

first wet football game in however long he fumbles and you give him this

deserves better fans does jobe, one’s who actually watch the game

9 Likes

The odd thing is historically woosh had hated letting the extra number rule his forward line. There were several games against Sydney in the middle of the last decade, a final stand out in my mind, where WC ended up with 9 on 9 in there forward line. Sydney ended up winning because hall and Mickey o had a paddock down the other end.

I just can’t work our why they wouldn’t even up the numbers ahead the ball

3 Likes

Classic Essington game.

Some one make a time machine so I can go back to the year 2000 and relive it again.

2 Likes

Goddard came from a successful club ?

2 Likes

How many of our other players have played in a grand final, or a winning final.

1 Like

Too many passengers today

Hocking may as well not played. Didn’t limit either Murphy (33) or Gibbs’s (35) impact on game, and yet only got 10 possessions himself.

Zaka, Colyer & Stanton also pretty much completely ineffective as well. And can throw Langford into that mix given he was part of mid rotations.

So that’s 5 mids being carried really. Can’t win a game with that happening, and amount of inside 50’s we generated attested to that.

As a result our forwards starved of opportunities

Not that they all available but Myers, Bird, Howlett, LAV & Green who at least all have a red hot crack and arent fumbly would have been handy.

Ah well. Lessons learned for next time it’s attrocious weather.

1 Like

How many times have we seen this before over the past fifteen years? A couple of reasonable wins and they get way ahead of themselves and come back to earth with a thud. This is what will happen over the next three weeks:

• they will come out fired up against Adelaide before being overrun by 10 goals+ in the second half

• Collingwood will grind out an ugly win by two or three goals

• Melbourne will pull away in the last quarter and win by five or six goals

Then they are underdogs and the cycle starts all over again.

They are better than that. When they learn to win games that they go in as favourites is when they will be a top eight side.

6 Likes

I was genuinely surprised to see Hocking selected as I think his VFL form was just ok.
Unfortunately he did not manage to be ok yesterday.

5 Likes

I only seen the last 5 minutes of the game, but I would have thought that Kelly might have played in the midfield. Considering he’s been the best wet weather footballer of the last 15 years.

4 Likes

I thought we would regroup and reset the style of play after half time, and three QTR time. We didn’t.

It was dumb. We kept doing the same thing but with more frenzy in the last QTR.

I think the coaches need to be a bit more inventive when we need to win games, change the players around a bit, change the style of play.

Hooker back, Brown forward, man up the loose man, Ambrose on the ball etc…

…all of these comments from an armchair expert getting his information from POXTEL and BLITZ.

'#fullyinformed.

5 Likes