Match Review - FARK Carlton

Flippers, snorkels and goggles.

F*ck Caaarlton lost two games in the dry and won one in the wet.

We won two games in the dry and lost one in the wet.

Let’s hope & pray for a dry winter.

End of story. Time to move on to the Easter match:

Can we crucify the Crows ?

(Or failing that, let’s just roger the Ravens.)

1 Like

Poo

Early on they definitely had a third tall hanging around Joe and Cale (separate yourselves, guys!)

At bounces (not that there were many) they started with 6 back. Pretty much every team sits guys back after a while.

I can’t recall off the top of my head your contribution to the “where are we at?” thread so I don’t know your stance.

Which oldies do you have being replaced by kids and when during this season? When do we get a look at “what we have”?

Probably already been mentioned but Essendon have the least points against in the AFL, ranked no 1 in the comp. Now that’s something to be happy about!

5 Likes

Especially when James Kelly almost had his head end up in the back row of the ponsford stand a few minutes earlier.

I hate losing to Carlton.

Can we play them again?

1 Like

Having someone intercept mark in defence and defenders peeling off will make any defender look quick.

We need a Hooker like clunking them in back line and feeding off for fast breaks

Hartley.

Long range forecast is for a wet winter.

I’m still not over it. I tell myself to get over it, but I won’t get over it. I must get over it.
Fark Carlton and wet weather football.

2 Likes

I’m the same. I thought I was over it yesterday but was so ■■■■■■ off at the club today for losing to those wankers. ■■■■■■ lose to anyone but those ■■■■■■. ■■■■ I hate them with a passion.
It’s nothing but misery always with those ■■■■■!!!
Rant over…

2 Likes

imagine how they feel then. theres alot of wallowig in self pity on the Tanking Carlton boards

Everyone has the right to keep criticising, complaining and moaning as long as they want.

Thank god the club have analysed the game and moved onto planning for Adelaide! You analyse the game, correct what needs to be corrected and move on.

The whole mantra of the club, and rightly so, is its a new beginning. Everyone acknowledges what has happened over the last 4 years was unprecedented and its a new day. As such, who cares if we have been letting games slip against weaker teams in the past? Sheeds is gone, Knighter is gone, Hirdy is gone and so has Bomber. This is Wooshas first year as coach of our list, and we dropped 1 game.

And its time to stop comparing players to our 2000 side… that is so yesterday.

Also, we are creating our culture right now. People might have noticed or heard this??? maybe? It doesn’t happen overnight - maybe people are mistaking Watson, Daniher and Merrett for some dudes (and great leaders) back in the 80s and think they’ve already gelled and have it figured out? Are current squad have been together for 5 minutes. (Yes a few of them have been with us for years, but the last 4 years changed everything).

I’m glad you feel a tad better too.

*** edit. I agree with the what you say - we need to be a tough unit…and I was shattered too :frowning:

The coaches votes say everything that needs to be said. Should immediately stop any attempt at defending the performance. Murphy and Gibbs BOG on a wet day, if that’s not the most embarrassing thing in football… well…

CARLTON v ESSENDON
10 Marc Murphy (Carl)
8 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
3 Brendon Goddard (Ess)
3 Matthew Kreuzer (Carl)
2 Sam Docherty (Carl)
2 Lachie Plowman (Carl)
1 Dyson Heppell (Ess)
1 Kade Simpson (Carl)

And Gibbs wanted/still wants out of that joint but still turns up to play and puts his head over it.

Zaka should take note.

1 Like

Ho hum … bash bash … any opportunity … bash bash …

I think you will find I have been in Zakas corner continually.

But from that game alone facts undeniable.

He can lift.

Mate stop talking ■■■■.