Match review. Hawks victim 1

Definitely if Zaha doesn’t harden up. Thank god he made up for his softness with a goal and that beauty of the goal assist to Fanta.

Just checking in after too many celebratory beers.

Geez, how good was that!!!

I think it was really important for the club as a whole to get a win on the board in round 1 to get our mojo back and to ensure there wasn’t a build up of pressure to get that first one on the board.

Highlights for me were:

• Zac Merrett’s preparedness to kick back into the corridor wherever possible, AND hit the target nearly every time
  • Hepp stamping his authority as a leader and captain
  • Hooker’s presence in the forward 50 which brings others into the game. He’ll only get better with more touch.
  • Ambrose being the human blanket yet again
  • Tippa lighting up the G
  • McGrath was very solid on debut and played his role well
  • To give him credit, Goddard’s use by foot was incisive and a real weapon for us
  • RAZ. This kid is a genuine A grader. Manufactured some goals for us out of nothing when we really needed it. We’ve lacked this type of player for so long.

Onwards to round 2!

11 Likes

Ess 2 from 2, when we March.

Just sayin’.

10 Likes

What a game!

So we should start getting ready to leave for the gabba?

11 Likes

Gabba Metricon

5 Likes

Cop out, or legitimate tactic.

It’s been a legitimate tactic for 100 years. Deliberate only exists because the clock wasn’t stopped, and hence it was an unfair way to waste time. The clock is now stopped. I reckon it should be a legitimate tactic. But plenty disagree with me obviously.

4 Likes

I can recall at least three kicks that were amazing. On each occasion there was a lot of midfield traffic but he somehow saw through that and pulled the trigger on a sublime diagonal kick that opened up the forward 50. This kid is a freak.

5 Likes

Josh GIBBO Gibson is cooked too.

5 Likes

[quote=“FTWinderlich, post:388, topic:10082, full:true”]Metricon
[/quote]
Not as far to walk, thankfully.

1 Like

On the glass barbecue?

The mismatch on Daniher in the first was a train wreck for him.

1 Like

I love it [quote=“Dell, post:391, topic:10082, full:true”]
Josh GIBBO Gibson is cooked too.
[/quote]

Stayed up late to watch the whole game here in Guatemala until 5.30am. Couldn’t be happier for the boys!

22 Likes

Hawks supporters near me didn’t mention anything about drugs. But bitched and moaned about the umpiring. I told them in the last quarter they had to be ■■■■■■■ kidding.

5 Likes

To be fair, there were poor calls both ways.

3 Likes

I hate US sports and Australian sport’s admiration of everything they do.

5 Likes

Is there a replay floating around anywhere?

Any links?

Thought I’d better show up and say I told you so…

1 Like