Match review. Hawks victim 1

Fkg lol, ben stratton is a DJ @ Revolver.

Encroaching on JBradz turf.

2 Likes

http://insidesauce.com/ben-stratton-in-doubt-for-round-one-after-discovering-grouse-pinga-lodged-in-revolver-couch/

4 Likes

Just on this, JD hit the post, jobe ran to 40 dead in front under no pressure and missed and Walla missed a tough snap I would have expected him to kick. Two of their goals cane from terrible turnovers at half back which were not repeated for the rest of the night. Jom should have put one more on the board at the end. All in all though, on watching the replay, that quarter was far from being as lob sided as I thought live at the ground.

If that is the Essington quarter for the rest of the year we are going alright.

1 Like

Perhaps Haylea was a keen Essendon supporter prior to meeting Coons and him playing for dogs. Unlikely that this vocal support is just result of Cooney’s last few years.

I agree with most of your points but wouldn’t like seeing Jobe take that kick inboard, his kicking in all the pre season and round 1 games has been terrible. He might be best advised to handball all the time like back in the day till he gets his composure back.
I like the fact merrett and goddard are the two that have been instructed to take that risky kick inboard. I remember a few years back we had the same tactic on centering the ball into the corridor but even the unskilled guys would try it, i’d leave it to the blokes with elite footskills personally, which is what seemed to happen the other night.

1 Like

Jobe did make that kick once or twice on Saturday and did it really well.

1 Like

I remember 4 minutes after we announced his signing Haylea posted a pic of the kids on twitter all kitted out in EFC gear.

The Cooneys have been amazing!

12 Likes

Doesn’t Haylea have some sort of role at the Club now. Pretty sure I heard Adam laughing about the fact that he hasn’t been asked to come back to the club in an official capacity but she has.

2 Likes

Its probably for the best, cooney is a ■■■■■■ as a media personality.

1 Like

Maybe I’m selling Goddard first half short but his third quarter was huge

2 Likes

I dont think so. Francis played against Box Hill during the day so he would have noticed him then.

Normally we complain that we dont get recognition for a win, or that our good players fly under the radar. We already know that Zerret and Parish are guns, but its nice for them to get mentioned.

Honestly I dont think Clarkson really cares about a loss in rd 1. He has plenty of runs on the board they have had plenty of slow starts, so no need for him to start calling teams cheats just yet.

On Clarkson
3 Hawks supporters I know reckon Clarkson needs to go…would have thought 4 flags in 8 years brought you a bit of leeway

Obviously not

7 Likes

Kennett wanted him sacked after round 1 loss to ■■■■■■■ in 2013.
Perhaps he was right after all!!
Of course, he always is…

3 Likes

CAN IT FEEL THIS GOOD ALL THE TIME

18 Likes

L O L,

Was 15 himself?

1 Like

it ■■■■■■ me off how he says lasagna, am in the only one?

8 Likes

He was probably drunk during the filming the drink driving alcoholic sniper.

1 Like

True we missed a few sitters that kept them in it.

Bet he loves a late night lamb kebab better.

1 Like