Match Review Thread - Ben "bad boy" Ainsworth come on down!

I don’t really know what I’m supposed to feel… maybe I’m just a lousy supporter, but I really don’t have the heart to watch this ■■■■ sandwich for 15 more weeks, knowing all that lead to this point. I’m finding myself resenting the fact we have rental players and the efforts from some of them suggest they aren’t interested in anything but getting paid. It kinda feels like watching a bunch of picket-line crossing scabs while your real players are on strike.

Yeah, I knew this was our reality as soon as CAS happened… I think it’s just taken this long for it to actually sink in. And I farking hate it.

We played terribly, which is the nature of terrible teams. On the plus side, Fantasia looks like he could be a serious HFF, seems to be willing to try and win the game.

Too many basic errors, and can we please get some small forwards to stay at the feet of the contests deep in our forward line! ■■■■■■ frustrating watching their small backs run the ball out with ease.

That’s one.
Smalls in front of the contest.
But it’s a long, long list of U/16 rules we don’t follow.

That was ****. We’re ****ed. Carlton are ****.

Parish, Walla, Raz, Hartley and Brown all getting more game time than you would expect and showing us they can play. Augurs well for 2017.

Skipworth is worse as a coach than he was as a player

Mitch Brown has as much talent as he has muscle

When is the last time the captain got dropped. No point yelling at everyone else Goddard if you own performance is not up to scratch

When the game was on the line, carltons leaders stood up- ours went missing.

Simpkin is a truck and that is being as nice as i possibly can

That performance was worse than anzac day.

So many players that aren’t fit to wear the jumper

Can’t wait for 2017 to smoke that pathetic excuse for a side

It's not even slightly frustrating watching the opposition set up rebound after rebound from our defence.
Told you we never should have dropped McKenna

Pick 1 come on down. Carlton are utter rubbish. If I supported them I’d be horrified by that today. We just happen to be a bit worse. Liked Fanta again today. Hartley was solid again. Tippa worked into the second half. Parish bobbed up a cpl nice goals. Cooney was amazing. Think we are in for some rough weeks ahead playing the better teams.

You know you’re struggling in the middle when Bryce Gibbs has 10 clearances (double our highest tally) and just as many contested possessions as any of our players. Can certainly understand why we loved Oliver too in last years draft.

If Will Brodie has a big carnival I think he is well and truly in the race for our first pick.

Fanta pants is the real deal. Cooney good, Hartley has a spot in our 22, another game into our young kids

Why the ■■■■ did we handball to leuy about 10 times

Very disappointing outcome

Fanta pants is the real deal. Cooney good, Hartley has a spot in our 22, another game into our young kids

This.

When is the last time the captain got dropped. No point yelling at everyone else Goddard if you own performance is not up to scratch

cannot disagree. Essendon need to be ruthless at the end of the year. I am over having players run around in the vfl for 5 years doing nothing. the only way to improve is to constantly update the list

Too many basic errors, and can we please get some small forwards to stay at the feet of the contests deep in our forward line! ■■■■■■ frustrating watching their small backs run the ball out with ease.

That’s one.
Smalls in front of the contest.
But it’s a long, long list of U/16 rules we don’t follow.

Goddard going for the mark and allowing Carlton to mark 45 out was a no brainer as well.
Go the punch instead of trying to be fancy.

Nah.

TO pretty much all of that.

This.

He was one of the very few actually running to position, I guess that’s why we went to him. If our midfielders could do that then we wouldn’t use him.

The fwd was too tall again. Funny how we look good when Grims went on ball or was on the bench and just had Brown CHF with JOey FF.

I want Ainsworth with Battle and Brodie please.

cannot disagree. Essendon need to be ruthless at the end of the year. I am over having players run around in the vfl for 5 years doing nothing. the only way to improve is to constantly update the list

HAHA!!

Humour!!

Well, it’s probably the most amused I’ve ever been after a loss to the enemy. That third quarter had about 30 WTF .gif moments that could provide years worth of laughs.

Still stings to lose to those c*nts though.

I wont go on about the top ups again, other than to add, bringing in slow plodding delistees doesn’t make us any more chance of winning a game of footy.

Stray notes:

• Full credit to Cooney. Has stood up in the last two weeks, and is earning his paycheck at the moment.

• I friggin love Darcy Parish

• I can’t work out if I’m more annoyed at how painfully unco Looney is, or why we keep handballing it to him when he is standing still.

• Daniher deserves the heat he’s undoubtedly getting in his thread atm. Is worryingly out of form, after starting the year so promising.

• Need to try something different with the forward line, even it is to go really small and quick. The quick part is the key to that working.

• Hartley is a brilliant find, and while Mitch Brown is decidedly average, he’s still doing better than most in that forward line of ours. Good drafting, even without the sanctions.

• Langford continues to impress. Very smart footballer, very clever inside. He’ll rip a game apart at some stage this year, or early next at the latest.

• Gleeson and Demps were much better.

• Today was a stark reminder of where we are at. Carlton was horribly bad, and we still looked a level below them for much of the game. Still, i’d rather be us.

Nah.

TO pretty much all of that.

What parts were incorrect?