Match Review Thread - Ess 7.12 54 def. Franklin 6.3 39

We almost beat the 60 point barrier again! Woo

I think it’s probably better signs for the team to be competitive early and then have the game blow out, but I prefer it around the other way. Feels better at the end of the game.

Well that turned to ■■■■

Why does that SOB Franklin have a day out and rubs our nose in it every time we play the $ydney $wans !

Partway through round 7 and we still aren’t at the bottom of the ladder.

That de-escalated quickly after half time

Good to see buddy has his drug addiction, I mean depression under control.

I thought the more we played together the better we would get but we are getting worse and worse. Bet Worsfold us spewing he didn’t go for the Adelaide gig. This is beyond embarrassing.

I think that 80 point loss to Sydney was better than the 60 point loss to GC personally, but each to their own.

He is just being overly pessimistic. As for Worsfold, he knew what he was buying into and he wanted the challenge to see if he could rebuild a side, not take over one that had already been built. He isn’t a squib that takes the easy option.

Didn’t we sign Worsfold before January 12?

Yes we did, but he also said he took it knowing full well the players may get suspended. Get a grip man.

Ah yes…playing Sydney, same old story.

Fark football, fark that lovechild club, fark their fair-weathered fans and fark their pals in green.

That said, really frustrating after half time despite lots of impressive efforts and better skills/ball movement in the first half. Still no coherency or system going forward, and made worse by the blazing, scattergun delivery. Glad we are now out of there tbh

Oh and fark you too fox footy commentary…the barracking was downright ****ing unprofessional and poor.

Fark this! Full marks to the guys for having a crack again but I reckon its time we treated this season as the joke it really is.

Rest Zaka, Zerrett and Luenberger for a week or two. Keep asking them to carry the side and we will cook them for good.Play the top ups and the kids. Time to manage our list for next year

Fark you AFL, Asada, Wada and CAS!!!

Why does that SOB Franklin have a day out and rubs our nose in it every time we play the $ydney $wans !

Easy does it mate, he’s had no Charlie in his system for weeks now and is still really struggling.

…on Saturday nights.

I don’t know how anyone can expect other then what is going on this year.You just have to sort through it all and take a little positive here and there.We have found a couple of players and weve also found a few who wont be with us next year.am also thinking that the some of the coaching staff will not be around next year.

Its like we are ok when the b team is on the field but when the c team takes over that’s when it falls to pieces

Its likes having a gap year after high school!.

I live in Sydney and banned myself from SWANS games many years ago…

Fark this! Full marks to the guys for having a crack again but I reckon its time we treated this season as the joke it really is.

Rest Zaka, Zerrett and Luenberger for a week or two. Keep asking them to carry the side and we will cook them for good.Play the top ups and the kids. Time to manage our list for next year

Fark you AFL, Asada, Wada and CAS!!!

And farkcarlton!

I’m not all doom and gloom about that at all.
Great first half. Gameplan went out the window after that, and the team tired. Not sure which came first.
Lots of little things to like from lots of players.
The problems we had are obvious problems.
Could have been a lot worse. A lot worse.

Oh and just remember if think we have problems have a look at Richmond Collingwood freo…they don’t have an excuse

I hope Gill is enjoying this.

He will be

I hope Gill is enjoying this.

He wouldn’t give 2 hoots

I see it pretty clear now against the top 4 sides particularly.

10-15 goals SHOULD be the norm with the side we have this yr.

1st half was awesome.

I am currently watching the Dees/Suns. It has taken Paul Roos 3 seasons to finally get the club into a position where it has a decent list and a decent structure and without any issues getting in the way.

Worsfold has had this list for 7 games and is missing 12 senior players and is working with 10 rejects from other clubs that no one wanted. Let’s give him time to fix the mess he inherited and rebuild the list to a decent state. He actually has the players playing with more heart than i honestly expected and he is trying to find ways of developing the younger players.

I think a lot of people need to lower their expectations and stop looking at the negatives (unlike what you would do in a normal season with a full list when your expectations are higher) and try to focus on seeing what is going right and who is developing well.

I am currently watching the Dees/Suns. It has taken Paul Roos 3 seasons to finally get the club into a position where it has a decent list and a decent structure and without any issues getting in the way.

Worsfold has had this list for 7 games and is missing 12 senior players and is working with 10 rejects from other clubs that no one wanted. Let’s give him time to fix the mess he inherited and rebuild the list to a decent state. He actually has the players playing with more heart than i honestly expected and he is trying to find ways of developing the younger players.

I think a lot of people need to lower their expectations and stop looking at the negatives (unlike what you would do in a normal season with a full list when your expectations are higher) and try to focus on seeing what is going right and who is developing well.

For your own sanity!!!