Match review thread - scored more than Port

Well, that’s one positive.

3 games left.

Usual stuff, tried hard but just miles away at the moment. Desperately need a skills coach

The game would be sped up dramatically if "came out in the tackle" was deemed "incorrect disposal".

If they do not dispose of the ball correctly it should be called holding the ball.
have to dispose of it legally by hand or foot.
And not drag it in when on the ground…

"Ball Spilled out of the tackle’ is rubbish.

afl encouraging umps not to pay these rules correctly reduces the standard of game play and then you get running mauls where 3-4 players drop the ball, but it is play on and it looks like rugby.

It’s not the umpires for holding the ball, it’s the rule. They changed the rule. So you must dispose by hand or got but if the ball spills free in the tackle…

The game would be sped up dramatically if "came out in the tackle" was deemed "incorrect disposal".

As it used to be.

Ladyboys in bangkok show more hardness in their line of work than zaka currently is in his.

Gleeson was our best

Zerrett is just a machine

Mckenna should wed some really really good signs

NICE PERCENTAGE BOOST ZAC SMITH YOU ■■■■■■■ PISSANT MINNOW WHO COULDN’T EVEN TOUGH IT OUT AFTER 1 GOOD YEAR AS A FORMER BASKETBALL PLAYER

Dreadful game to watch

There were a couple of minor positives from today.

One was Nakia Cockatoo is not an Essendon player. He surely was drafted purely on athletic ability alone. He has about as much poise and class as Shaun McManus but without the heart.

Seriously looks like a selfish peacock as well.

Should have been a tennis player.

The S McManus poise sledge is very hurtful.

There are some strong teams out there who are now hunting percentage, and we’ve got a lot of players in their first AFL season. Its a big step up from TAC or VFL, and I’m for one not surprised that some of the skills are getting a bit shoddy at the back end of the season. To be honest, I expected things to fall away from mid-year so I’m pleased about that.

Umpires were ■■■■ again. I don’t know the rules anymore.

I think we missed both Raz and The Langford today.

Well, that's one positive.

3 games left.

Usual stuff, tried hard but just miles away at the moment. Desperately need a skills coach

On Bomber Radio this week Rob Kerr said the roles of Skipworth and Harvey as forward/back coach were different than they used to be, specifically they’re focusing on teaching skills rather than structure and tactics (which are covered by other coaches). So, make of that what you will.

Umpires were ■■■■ again. I don't know the rules anymore.

The rules are very, very simple if you ignore the one instance per match where they pay the complete opposite.

Today was the Polkinghorne HTB in the 1st.

Love how Hawkins was allowed to hold and and push off players all game yet as soon as JOE tried the same thing… FREE KICK AGAINST.

Oh and Polkinghorne takes possession of a bouncing ball and is tackled instantaneously… HOLDING THE BALL yet same instance happens another 10 times through out the game especially involving Geelong players and its a ball up.

Fk off.

The scary part is we havent even hit rock bottom yet. Rock bottom will be at about 5pm next season sunday after GC smashes us on our home ground.

I didn’t think that was as bad as I thought it was going to be.

First reflection How bad are Geelong?
Second reflection, second half was good.
Umpiring was dreadful all day. Not biased, just awful. It was like a lottery.
In the end my son and I couldn’t stop laughing at the “pick a box” decision making.

Most players seemed to be in and out of the game, didnt think anyone was particularly bad, thought Brown and Smarty in defence were good.
JoeDan’s 100 goal was a ripper, seemed as thought he was a bit annoyed at the non mark (and understandably so) and was determined to show some mettle.
Lot of skill errors all round, but that could be down to pressure…
Too much play around the outside, but when they did try to bring it in it was quite often turned over.
Our goals came from running inside.

Not too bad. As I said a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

The scary part is we havent even hit rock bottom yet. Rock bottom will be at about 5pm next season sunday after GC smashes us on our home ground.

Will be in massive trouble if adding the 12 doesn’t improve the team 10 fold next season.

Thought as we have in many games the last month dominated large sections of that game but have no forwardline structure to kick to that is working at the moment.

We are also carrying the following plodders

Dempsey
Zaka
Cooney
Polkinghorne

That we will be able to get rid of soon enough.

Outside of these 4 we were actually pretty good today, scoreboard doesn’t reflect the effort a lot of the guys showed today

Best

Zerrett
MCFLY
Kelly

Parish in every thing

Francis is a very good player

Joedan owed two goals by the umpires.

Grimley was being held and abused by his man because Geelong knew the umps wouldn’t give him any attention.

Leuey great

Verde was angry we were not doing well, like this

Dea is like Baggers in that season we started to take notice he was an intimidating beast of a man who with polish could be a great back pocket player and that you do not want to get tackled by (CRUNCH COP THAT SELWOOD YOU FUCK)

Big positives are

• Leuey was winning taps but a lot were going to Geelong players
  • A lot were going to ours as well
  • We matched/beat Geelong’s midfield for clearances more often than not
  • Tippa is great down back because you can pass it to him and he will either get it past the defender by foot or slice a kick to JoeDan at hf who will kick the goal from the square (SNAP CITY BITCHES)
  • JoeDan is the sort of player that signs up members, has a spark whenever the ball goes near him, playing some great fun football and showing signs of leadership with the younger players
  • Kelly great, can we keep him?

Is there a bigger showpony club than Geelong, they rip these around the corner goals from there a** and celebrate like they’ve won the flag then they go and fk up straight forward set shots at goal.

Umpires were ■■■■ again. I don't know the rules anymore.

The rules are very, very simple if you ignore the one instance per match where they pay the complete opposite.

Today was the Polkinghorne HTB in the 1st.

The one before that, the holding the man paid to motlop. I flicked over to the saints/FC game and the exact thing happened about 10 seconds laterlater and it wasn’t paid.