Match Review Thread - Tale of Two Halves

What a second half!

Kelly fills the right space when the opposition are kicking out, just knows which direction they want to take it.

He’s a gem is Kelly.

One of my favourite moments in the game was just after the Cooney goal.

NM take the ball forward, and it is loose in the 50, and the desperation from Kelly is hilarious. He charges round, chasing about 5 different Roos, never quite catching them, finishing it by tossing Nahas on his Nahas. It looks really funny.

Ha,

You made me go back and watch it.
Nice pick up there.

Kelly had a couple of those moments last Sat.

One of my favourite moments in the game was just after the Cooney goal.

NM take the ball forward, and it is loose in the 50, and the desperation from Kelly is hilarious. He charges round, chasing about 5 different Roos, never quite catching them, finishing it by tossing Nahas on his Nahas. It looks really funny.

I watched the replay of the game, and enjoyed it.

I was very pleased that Daniher spent time in the ruck. I really believe this is his go. He and Leunberger seemed to combine well together and did a reasonable job against Goldstein. Given he is the outstanding ruck in the league, and killed us last time, I was pleased with their combined effort. When running around the ground, Daniher holds his marks, is mobile and kicks well. He is quite a presence.

In Langford and Fantasia, we have two natural forwards, something we haven’t had for quite a while. Brown also seems to move like a natural forward. He does not take the big marks, but positions himself well. I think Langford will be very good next season, and Fantasia has the potential to be up there with the best small forwards.
Hopefully the team will learn how to deliver the ball well with sharp kicks to leading forwards, instead of high floating kicks to packs.

Zaharakis needs to learn to shake a tag, although it is difficult for him with so many of the team’s main midfielders not playing. But Merrett continues his outstanding form, and Parish looks better and better.

Love watching Tippa and Baguley is getting better. Hope they retain Dea next year. I think he is becoming an outstanding defender.

Morgan played well in the VFL, but is injured again. Francis is to play this week.

They have a chance against St. Kilda, although I don’t expect them to win. They seem unable to play 4 quarters, and the Saints won’t take them lightly.

So proud. Never gave up.

…and then there was TIPPA.

So proud that they reset after that shocking first half to dig in and run and attack.

A ■■■■■■ brilliant effort.

I don’t wanna be a grammar nazi, buuuuut…

Halves

Daniher looked better as the game wore on, too.

They will take so much confidence from that second half

Btw LOL Norf you’re no good

Best loss ever.

Full credit where it’s due - fantastic second half even allowing for North losing a bit of interest. Nearly everyone lifted out of sight.

Bags back to his best, Tippa will be best 22 for years. Dea adds a lot to the backline.
Well done to Goddard and Cooney

Did Brown wear a cloak of invisibility?

The effort and intensity went up ten fold that second half and it was the youngsters driving it.

Literally counting that as a win.

Those guys are on top of the ladder, undefeated? Really?

Us with a full side would have won that game by 10 goals, easily.

When you think that our midfield today now becomes the second rotation next year you can not help but get excited!

When JD is played at CHF as he did in the last. youll see a better player.

Redman
Fanta
Tippa
Langford

will all become best 22

as for parish and zerrett…nothing left to say

id take dea over ambrose anythime…

The most I take out of it id that they kept there heads up and kept FARKIN TRYING

So, so proud. Even one or two of Hepp or Hooker and we smash these pretenders

Some pretty ordinary efforts by some
Blitzers in the first in the game thread.

Try and support the boys. ■■■■ effort really.

3.7 in the last. Cracking effort. Could have been closer

Zerret and Tippa make me want to be a better man