Match Review Thread - Umpires def. Essendon

Good effort undone by woeful umpiring.

Thanks to Coons & Stokes for their efforts, both were pretty good today actually.

just got back from the game so still pretty emotional, just a few random thoughts

Ray “im a egomaniac twat” should never be allowed to umpire again. Not becuase he is an awful umpire-which he is. But because of the smile/laugh he give when the crowd gave him a bronx cheer after he paid a clear mark. That showed more than anything that he is an egomaniac and has no place being a umpire. He just has to be the centre of attention

I remember seeing that too - was as clear as day from where I was sitting. It was a really smug smile from him done deliberate to incite us in the crowd

BTW - Cheer Squad - WTF is wrong with you? Whats with the pathetic songs like “62 years since you’ve won a flag”? Have we resorted to low cheap shots at opposition clubs? That kind of ■■■■ makes us look pathetic and unclassy. To have police sitting in the Cheer Squad area in Q3/Q4 because some of you morons cant control yourselves is an embarrassment to the rest of us who want to enjoy the game.

We are Essendon. We don’t do and don’t need to do ■■■■ like that

That wasn’t the Cheer Squad…might have been the active area behind them though.

My apologies to the Cheer Squad

That was fkn embarrassing to hear that - and the amount of times they did it was even worse. I’ve never wanted to tell someone to shutup more than that, and I have two of the most annoying women in the world sitting behind me saying ■■■■ like:
“oh Cooney youre terrible!”
“just kick the ball”
“why did they kick it, why didn’t they look”
“how is he supposed to mark it when no one is helping him out”
“Zaka that was weak”
“Oh that holding the ball umpire” (this one is gold, its about 20 seconds after the incident and they heard someone else in the crowd incorrectly say it so they thought they would repeat it)

^^ Some guy in the active area did it with Richmond and now thinks it’s funny so he can do it with other clubs. Not the cheer squad. It was quite boring.

just got back from the game so still pretty emotional, just a few random thoughts

Ray “im a egomaniac twat” should never be allowed to umpire again. Not becuase he is an awful umpire-which he is. But because of the smile/laugh he give when the crowd gave him a bronx cheer after he paid a clear mark. That showed more than anything that he is an egomaniac and has no place being a umpire. He just has to be the centre of attention

I remember seeing that too - was as clear as day from where I was sitting. It was a really smug smile from him done deliberate to incite us in the crowd

BTW - Cheer Squad - WTF is wrong with you? Whats with the pathetic songs like “62 years since you’ve won a flag”? Have we resorted to low cheap shots at opposition clubs? That kind of ■■■■ makes us look pathetic and unclassy. To have police sitting in the Cheer Squad area in Q3/Q4 because some of you morons cant control yourselves is an embarrassment to the rest of us who want to enjoy the game.

That wasn’t the Cheer Squad…might have been the active area behind them though.

Umpires are dogs

Still not convinced of a few in the team…we need HBF who has pace and a penetrating kick…

The signs are promising but some players do the same thing time and time again going to need a new mantra in 2017

Umpiring was laughable
The obvious standouts aside I thought our young players were underwhelming today
Daniher’s goal kicking has moved from ridiculous into some sort of postmodern work of art
Zach Merrett

Still not convinced of a few in the team....we need HBF who has pace and a penetrating kick....

The signs are promising but some players do the same thing time and time again going to need a new mantra in 2017

Not just hbf. Harts, Ambrose, Brown, all honest as they come but seriously average with the ball in hand. Hurls kicking and hookers interception will help a great deal.

Still not convinced of a few in the team....we need HBF who has pace and a penetrating kick....

Hibberd?

If ever there was going to be a reason players didn’t want to come to Essendon, it would be because they would need to learn to play under a different set of rules to the rest of the competition. At Essendon, as a player, you can expect to get hit high, be held in marking contests, get arm chopped during marking contests, be tackled without the ball without ever receiving a free kick for it and generally perform under the expectation that no matter what they pay a free kick to the opposition for, the umpire will never interpret it the same way if it applied to someone wearing black with a red sash.

Had enough of the dogs, and there cheating umpires.

F-ck off.

Just when you thought it couldn’t get worse… you had to witnes THAT Dea call. Absolutely laughable… well not really funny haha… more like depressingly obvious and blatant cheating that you can’t do anything about. It is truly a scary situation when you have commentators who hate our club, like truly hate, who are sitting there feeling the need to say something about the state of the umpiring against us.

Razor Ray needs to go… the guy has an ego and actually is ■■■■ at his job.

Nice mark in the last quarter Matty Dea. Oh hang on, maybe not.

Zerrett - what a little champion this bloke is. Should be in AA discussions.

And sure, there were some poor umpiring decisions but I actually thought we were pretty sloppy and gave a way a lot of silly free kicks that were there.

Was Leigh Fisher (?) umpiring today? Number 3 yea? How does and exfootballer have no feel for the game what so ever. He played the freaking game, albeit not very well, but seriously he is a dead set worse umpire than player.

If i ever saw chamberlain at a pub…

Once again our goal kicking putrid.

We won’t be winning ■■■■ even with the 12 back if we don’f fix our fwd line and goal kicking my major concern for next season.

The early part of the third term was literally unbelievable from the umpires.

Umpires making the game virtually unwatchable.

Aside from that, thought the spirit and endeavor were there. Shitefull kicking at goal and a few sloppy turnovers but i don’t think there are significant deficiencies- with players coming back and mandatory goal kicking practice - that we shouldn’t be knocking on the 8 next year.

But the umpires again. FMD.