Match Review Thread - Well, at least we aren't Freo

How many useless possessions can a backline get? The answer is many.

If we take winning off the table, I thought it was OK.
Have said it before, will say it again,
"the 4th coach/gameplan in 4 years’
has gotta be confusing to those who have been there a while, which must be at least part of the stupidity of the errors our older players make. That is frustrating to watch along with the running kicks inside 50 that always favour defenders - what are we thinking? Cohesion will happen sometime, but it is a bit painful to watch sometimes.
Love Tippa - funny how a rookie can be one of our best players. Disposal, tenacity, smooth movement, he is a leopard prowling. Maybe midfield happens, once 12 return and we have more backs.
Zaka good, Parrish trying super hard and super fast hands - needs to bulk up so he can give it to opposition who hit him - Zerrett also good, Brown too - I agree with others we have found our third tall forward, now to lock on 1st and 2nd!
Joe seems better higher than deep, runs around, hasn’t three spoilers working him, and able to kick goals from outside 50 changes things, a la Buddy.

Having virtual 18 month preseason is giving us the luxury of trying stuff out regardless of scoreboard.

Not thrilled with BJ as captain, but few options, none good. Reckon stress hitting him a bit, thinking too much, which is only way I can explain his basic mistakes on weekend. He will be much better next year under Jobe or heppell, whoever is captain - more likely, IMO, to be Heppel with Jobe just playing.

I assume the two instances of scratching/gouging didn't happen either.

Elbowing I understand the lack of force but how the fk was this missed!!

Reverse Optics.

I assume the two instances of scratching/gouging didn’t happen either.

Montagna not charged for elbowing Baugley in the head because he is too weak. MRP doesn’t even mention he was trying to elbow him in the head, just says “tackled”. Soft as.

Reverse Optics.

I assume the two instances of scratching/gouging didn’t happen either.

Montagna not charged for elbowing Baugley in the head because he is too weak. MRP doesn’t even mention he was trying to elbow him in the head, just says “tackled”. Soft as.

I get that we want to generate some run and carry with the ball but it seems that whenever a players gets a few metres free to run, the first instinct is to handball to a player looking at him (i.e. the wrong way); who is also not moving. I lost count the amount of times our mids seemed to do that and it ended up with us over-possessing the ball and turning it over.

I imagine what Woosha would be saying to our 6 forwards...guys in our forward half there was 3 tackles total? He will understand inexperience but he will press on the things you can control. I sensed in Woosha after the game for the first time he was genuinely not happy with how we played. Won't panic but I am sure will tell a few home truths to help develop.

If he said that to me I’d suggest that three tackles in five minutes is pretty darn good.*

*or maybe not. Woosha’s pretty scary. He might stare at me.

Get on your bike Polks - the kids are trying to fly the flag ■■■■■■■ do something.

That’s actually the only footage of POLK they have from Sunday’s game.

- Man, I thought Essendon's "GAME DAY EXPERIENCE™" was woeful. This was something else. Piped in cheers and a kid racing against an animated cyclist. Wowee.

It was the saints home game. They always pipe cheering through the sound system.

ST KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB INC:

I imagine what Woosha would be saying to our 6 forwards…guys in our forward half there was 3 tackles total? He will understand inexperience but he will press on the things you can control. I sensed in Woosha after the game for the first time he was genuinely not happy with how we played. Won’t panic but I am sure will tell a few home truths to help develop.

Polkinghorne is a massive fkn dud, i will SPEW if we ever give him another game

Where was Raz’s free kick for holding the man?

I know I shouldn’t laugh, but Raz flailing about like that… LOL

Where was Raz’s free kick for holding the man?

#freekickhawthorn

Polkinghorne is a ‘hard body’ that ‘protects the kids.’

hahaha just noticed that. Good old trusty POLK flying the flag.

How long should Montagna go for? Surely he should get 3-4 between two elbows to the head and then an eye rake??

If Polkinghornes lack of touching the footy for the past month cant get him dropped, then maybe not giving a ■■■■■■ ■■■■ about his teammates just might get someone from the coaches box paying attention.