Match review v Cats

That was a heartbreaker. We could have beaten Geelong and Hawthorn and been well placed in the 8, but now we will struggle to make finals at all.

Very happy with how Colyer and Heppel played. Dempseys pressure was really good in the last quarter.

Don't know why I let the boys get me so excited to only be let down in the end.

My blood pressure is through the roof.

Another Lleyton Hewitt fighting loss.

We need to learn how to stick tackles. I don't know if anyone else notices but Zaka, Melk & Stants just get pushed off the ball or their tackles shrugged too easily. Stants loves to put token pressure on where he pretends to tackle but nothing ever happens

Heppel and Colyer.  Great games

Daniher dropping easy marks is soul destroying.....

can we go a thread without mentioning ASADA?

That match winning goal. Demps,Pig (ok when for the spoil) and Hepps were goal side. Not fat side and Jake M trailing behind.

Not about getting blokes to the contest, it's about playing % football.

gahhhhhh

To add to that, I loose the tip and have to cough up 2 slabs of beer.

farrrrk

Happy with colyers game and heppel.

Chapman most disappointing.

We had our chances just let them get easy goals.

Raises the stakes to must win game versus port in Adelaide

In most of our close losses, if we kick straight we win. End of story.

I'm not as negative as everyone else.

We have every excuse to cave in 5 goals down and no one would blame us.

But we didn't. And we almost got there.

2014 isn't over yet.

I like what Colyer has brought to the team. A lot.

If we ever learn to play 4 quarters we could be some team. At the moment we are struggling to play more than 1 quarter a match.

There would be at least 8 teams in the same position you realise.

Stoll don’t play hard-nosed, unconditional footy. The best sides do.

When your leader goes down the cream rises. Goddard, Heppel and Zaka have risen another level. He has gone backwards. At his absolute clanger hands on knees best tonight.

vs. Hawks 9 pts up at 25min mark.

vs. Melb 5 pts up at 28min mark

vs Cats 3 pts up at 27 min mark

That is the difference between getting a home final and taking September off.

PS. I hate the Scotts

Pretty much sums up the season that one.....

Hep is awesome.

Colyer is undroppable for 2014.

Joe Dan is taking those marks and now also kicking those goals.

Chapman 2015?

No thanks.

We made to many mistakes but, good onya Colya

Did better than I thought, great 2nd half.

They got easy goals in the last.

Got to make sure all our players can run out a match.

Third time this year when we've lost a game that we would have won if we'd even converted our shots on goal at only 50%.  Geelong, Hawthorn, and Melbourne.  Getting to be a real problem.  We're not 100% dead yet, but if we miss finals this year, it's because we kicked ourselves out of them.

Ah hello people we are without our best player!

agree once again we don't use the boundary nearly enough and you could see BOMBA was none too happy with heppells kick in with a couple of minutes to go!

We need to trade into the next draft. Melksham and Hurley while people think they still have some value. They just don't give us enough.

Melksham - yes. Hurley. After being a forward for 5 years, he's down back for the first time since his junior days, so I'm going to cut him some slack this season. But next season, as he is possibly the 3rd highest paid player at the club (behind Watson and Goddard), he would want to earn his alleged $600,000 a season next year.

We need to learn how to stick tackles. I don't know if anyone else notices but Zaka, Melk & Stants just get pushed off the ball or their tackles shrugged too easily. Stants loves to put token pressure on where he pretends to tackle but nothing ever happens

So true.