Match review v gold coast

Steinberg and Ambrose are battlers, you need better third tall defender/forward than those 2 if you want to be a top side.

Given they are both first year players, l think they show great promise and are developing nicely. l look forward to them having productive careers in the red and black. 

Surely can't take Steinberg into finals. 

who will play 3rd tall in the D?

Hurley - his best game all year

Goddard -  His back!

Zaka - If only you could do that break and run every week

Did Goddard partially tear his ACL?

Yes. Twelve month injury.

Won ugly, but a win is a win. Job done.

Not enough love for Zach Merrett imo.
His tackling for a first year player is phenomenal. Good pace, and an amazing left foot.
Yet to miss a shot on goal.

Merett in our top 6 today. Had more impact than koldashni and jack Martin.
Martin actually showed a bit today he will be a player.
Gold Coast should make finals next year provided they can keep their kpp structure together and have fit ruck men come end of the year.

No way. He wasnt terrible, He had plenty of it in the first half and kicked a couple in the end, but lynch was all over him for a while

Hepp come back!

Yes. Twelve month injury.
Doc Larkin?

Could be swimmers ear.

Zach had a huge first half, but ran out of puff. Really, really liked the look of Orazio. I'd be disappointed if Dell got a game in front of him. Half the trick is looking as if you belong out there, and he did that.

Ambrose unsighted till the last...Licha had a shocker...most of the others just went...Stants, Jobe, Pig, Chappy. Steinberg didn't have a good one.

Howlett was OK...Zaka good. 

I know I should put you on ignore, but it's like an addiction, I keep wanting the next hit.

No way. He wasnt terrible, He had plenty of it in the first half and kicked a couple in the end, but lynch was all over him for a while

Agreed

I know I should put you on ignore, but it's like an addiction, I keep wanting the next hit.

Make sure you remember there's no space between The and Chap. Tricked me.

Carlton would have to be the worst tune up before finals. Would have been good to have a genuine tough game. Praying we do what we finally should against someone that deserves to be put to the sword.

Make sure you remember there's no space between The and Chap. Tricked me.

Ha!

Me too. 

Sorted now though. 

Steinberg and Ambrose are battlers, you need better third tall defender/forward than those 2 if you want to be a top side.

Given they are both first year players, l think they show great promise and are developing nicely. l look forward to them having productive careers in the red and black.

Surely can't take Steinberg into finals.
who will play 3rd tall in the D?

Only other option is hardingham or ashby who are a little short.
Fletch still a chance if we make it to second week of finals.

Felt like in a few instances we were too easily physically pushed around.

Get around them. Zaka was sensational

Carlton would have to be the worst tune up before finals. Would have been good to have a genuine tough game. Praying we do what we finally should against someone that deserves to be put to the sword.

you mean like this one?  I don't want a really tough game next week when we have Norf the week after.  Hopefully we get the structure and work rate right next week to fine tune the game going onto the first week.

I think the blues will have a crack.
North are playing saints so we probably have better opposition who hate us and lift for us.
Blues like Gold Coast won't win due to them being undermanned.

Would seriously rest Goddard, WInderlich, Chappy and a few others if winning/losing next week will have no impact on where we finish