Match Review VS Dwarf Burners

Blame the umps and you’re a little girl with pigtails.

Blitz is underestimating how many inside midfielders is required to be a finals winning side.

Kind of agree with this, as long as there is balance.

Sydney are the benchmark in this area with no less than 5 (Kennedy, Hannebury, Parker, Jack, Mitchell).

I think North have some good ones also that have allowed them to advance to 2 Prelims.
Swallow, Cunnington and Ziebell along with the class of Dal Santo, outsiders in Harvey and Wells, and great stopper in Jacobs.

Hawthorn have had a great balance of inside to outside.

Parish and zerret can both clearly play inside/outside. Hepp, jobe, Langford (inside) - parish, zerret (inside/outside) - hocking (tagger) - zaha, stants (outside) - lav tippa colyer fanta (fwd/outside).

I think that is well balanced

Darcy’s snap goal at the end of the 2nd qtr was a great example of his positional play and his ability to hunt the ball. Watch him move to the pack and not committing himself as he can see that we outnumber them. He rounds up the contest and positions himself between the pack and the opposition players so that when the ball is pushed out by the Saints player he is there to clean it up. He doesn’t even look to hand pass as he knows exactly where the goals are and takes the shot.

Bewdiful!

Blitz is underestimating how many inside midfielders is required to be a finals winning side.

Kind of agree with this, as long as there is balance.

Sydney are the benchmark in this area with no less than 5 (Kennedy, Hannebury, Parker, Jack, Mitchell).

I think North have some good ones also that have allowed them to advance to 2 Prelims.
Swallow, Cunnington and Ziebell along with the class of Dal Santo, outsiders in Harvey and Wells, and great stopper in Jacobs.

Hawthorn have had a great balance of inside to outside.

Just saw McKernan's handball.

Yer…I got nothin

You want so much for a guy to succeed… then he does that sort of thing. At the same time, that takes the edge off the things he did well.

To be clear, I’m talking about when he got played back as a half-back flanker. Not the early games when we had no KP defenders and he was played as a tall defender quite a few times.

I like that we have to split the “Every Goal” video in to two parts this week!!

Can’t wait till we have to split it into 4 or more!

Just watching the replay.......I think I just got a Tipung-woody.

Have you considered dreads?

Yes. But apparently having a full head of hair is a prerequisite. Afraid I don’t qualify. :frowning:

If fit and healthy, Myers walks into the team. He'd be our #1 extractor after Watson. And what is this rubbish about can't play anywhere else? Hello, backline, remember? If the choice was between him, Stanton or Goddard to mark someone in the B50, I know who I'd be putting there.

Oh we remember. That’s the problem!! Haha.
But you’re joking though aren’t you?

Outstanding clearance mid and has the ability to roost goals. Must play rnd 1 next year.

But as a defender he was a liability. Was poor particularly in aerial contests, which was strange given he is a good height and strong enough. Just not his thing.

Worsfold knows though

If fit and healthy, Myers walks into the team. He'd be our #1 extractor after Watson. And what is this rubbish about can't play anywhere else? Hello, backline, remember? If the choice was between him, Stanton or Goddard to mark someone in the B50, I know who I'd be putting there.

I do remember, he is an awful one on one aerial defender

Myers loses 60% of his ability the moment he crosses defensive 50.

Have people forgotten that by the time Round 1 2017 rolls around he will have played a half a game of football since his last game in 2014.
I like what he brings but he’s coming from a fair way back.

i thought a guilt edge was something you do when you have a lot of spare time and no girlfriend.

Pleasures of the Palm

Agree completely. But even with that, his final sentence still has an obvious answer.

If fit and healthy, Myers walks into the team. He’d be our #1 extractor after Watson. And what is this rubbish about can’t play anywhere else? Hello, backline, remember? If the choice was between him, Stanton or Goddard to mark someone in the B50, I know who I’d be putting there.

Put Myers in the HFF and let him have pot shots from 70.

See I think both bird and Hocking can play as pure taggers so I would pick 1 as a tagger regardless. With that in mind Myers is actually competing with jobe hepp and Langford for a spot with 1 other spot going to the tagger. I think that is plenty big enough. Myers suffers in my eyes for not being really competent in another position/role. Maybe he could develope as a tagger but I doubt he has the running game.

The bird/Hocking contest will be a really interesting one. Both have different attributes. We haven’t really asked bird to play a pure shut down role this year but he is very capable of doing it. I think he covers the ground a bit better than Hocking and can certainly bore in for the ball well too but offers less in the blocking and the sheer physicality department. We may have the luxury of managing them both over the course if the year so they are fresh.

Myers has played the shut down role a few times, he’s not bad at it. Not sure it matters with ‘no tag woosha’ though.

I think you’re underselling Myers a bit. Plenty of question marks on his body sure, but he’s a substantially better player than Bird.

Bird has zero offensive side to his game.

But yeah, on the topic of ‘we can’t play too many slow inside mids’ I totally agree, and looking at the game plan woosha is trying to implement, I think he does too.

I haven't seen Ivan attack an Essendon midfielder like this since Andrew Welsh

Come on, I actually had something nice to say about Myers in there.

Fair to say A grade set me off a bit though.

I think Myers has talent but he has limitations too and we have to get the midfield balance right.

Wc made a gf playing one genuine inside beast. Some here would have us play 4 or 5 which we obviously can’t. They obviously didn’t watch the 2014 elimination final.

I think at most we can play 4 of Myers, Watson, hepp, Hocking and Langford, maybe only 3 and bird. I just think Myers is the least flexible of that lot and the most injury prone.

Sorry, didn’t get a chance to respond earlier…

I totally agree with you on having too many slow inside mids, and I reckon there is only room for 1 of Hocking or Myers long term. I’m not as convinced that Myers loses that battle.

And wait… Bird? You think Myers may get squeezed out, but Bird will still get a game? Goodness. No disrespect to Craig Bird, but I can’t see him playing a game next year.

See I think both bird and Hocking can play as pure taggers so I would pick 1 as a tagger regardless. With that in mind Myers is actually competing with jobe hepp and Langford for a spot with 1 other spot going to the tagger. I think that is plenty big enough. Myers suffers in my eyes for not being really competent in another position/role. Maybe he could develope as a tagger but I doubt he has the running game.

The bird/Hocking contest will be a really interesting one. Both have different attributes. We haven’t really asked bird to play a pure shut down role this year but he is very capable of doing it. I think he covers the ground a bit better than Hocking and can certainly bore in for the ball well too but offers less in the blocking and the sheer physicality department. We may have the luxury of managing them both over the course if the year so they are fresh.