Match Review VS Dwarf Burners

Fair enough Hambo ... trouble is that Bruce & Richo didn't call our game.

It was Dwayne Pipe & co.

Good call. I was at the game so fortunately didn’t have to listen to any of them. They put the dumbass stats on the big screen. Our anti Bruce rant was just a conversation that flowed from our longstanding hatred of him. I’m watching a replay right now with a few ports; I don’t have to work until Sunday. P.S. I still like Richo, reckon he takes the p1ss better than anyone.

Actually the information that Sam had kicked 0.0 from that particular angle IS somewhat illuminating. Can I point you towards de Finetti’s groundbreaking work on probability theory, particularly around doxastic states. What he refers to as the “space of possibilities” is the set of propositions consistent (according to the logic of certainty) with the information that constitutes the decision maker’s credal probability distribution. Consequently, given that Sam Michael’s (a) quite unco and (b) wearing an Essendon jumper, we could deduce with some certainty that he was going to miss.

PS. Unlike you, I don’t mind Bruce. Then again I reckon BT’s quite entertaining - how very unBlitz. I just wish they’d explain why players always have to bolt off the arena the moment they kick a goal.

I think they do it so they can indulge in a doxastic state.

Little dirty doxies

It was Dwayne Pipe & co.

Good call. I was at the game so fortunately didn’t have to listen to any of them. They put the dumbass stats on the big screen. Our anti Bruce rant was just a conversation that flowed from our longstanding hatred of him. I’m watching a replay right now with a few ports; I don’t have to work until Sunday. P.S. I still like Richo, reckon he takes the p1ss better than anyone.

Actually the information that Sam had kicked 0.0 from that particular angle IS somewhat illuminating. Can I point you towards de Finetti’s groundbreaking work on probability theory, particularly around doxastic states. What he refers to as the “space of possibilities” is the set of propositions consistent (according to the logic of certainty) with the information that constitutes the decision maker’s credal probability distribution. Consequently, given that Sam Michael’s (a) quite unco and (b) wearing an Essendon jumper, we could deduce with some certainty that he was going to miss.

PS. Unlike you, I don’t mind Bruce. Then again I reckon BT’s quite entertaining - how very unBlitz. I just wish they’d explain why players always have to bolt off the arena the moment they kick a goal.

I think they do it so they can indulge in a doxastic state.

It was Dwayne Pipe & co.

I haven't seen Ivan attack an Essendon midfielder like this since Andrew Welsh

Come on, I actually had something nice to say about Myers in there.

Fair to say A grade set me off a bit though.

I think Myers has talent but he has limitations too and we have to get the midfield balance right.

Wc made a gf playing one genuine inside beast. Some here would have us play 4 or 5 which we obviously can’t. They obviously didn’t watch the 2014 elimination final.

I think at most we can play 4 of Myers, Watson, hepp, Hocking and Langford, maybe only 3 and bird. I just think Myers is the least flexible of that lot and the most injury prone.

Sorry, didn’t get a chance to respond earlier…

I totally agree with you on having too many slow inside mids, and I reckon there is only room for 1 of Hocking or Myers long term. I’m not as convinced that Myers loses that battle.

And wait… Bird? You think Myers may get squeezed out, but Bird will still get a game? Goodness. No disrespect to Craig Bird, but I can’t see him playing a game next year.

It was Dwayne Pipe & co.

Fair enough Hambo … trouble is that Bruce & Richo didn’t call our game.

It was Dwayne Pipe & co.

It was a really great effort by the team to hit the front in the last Q. What annoyed me was that Zerret had to run off after he kicked the goal to put us up. Our best center clearance mid when Zak is out leaves the field? Saints got the next couple of clearances & goals. He came back on and we kicked the final goal. But the game was over.

This is my most hated thing in football.

WHY FFS?

Here’s the thing Darli - there’s probably a reason for it, maybe even a very good reason for all I know. But why don’t we know what the reason is? There’s a small army of professional football journalists on electronic and print media and not once has this ever been explained. Either they are breathtakingly incompetent and simply do not know, or they have made inquiries and DO know but just haven’t found time to explain it to us during their incessant prattling on about the old days, salivations over Cyril and recitation of irrelevant and unilluminating statistics.

Oh that’s a bit harsh. The statistics told me that Sam Michael had kicked 0.0 from the particular angle he was kicking from. I was illuminated to the point of melting. I was gonna write to Bruce and ask why he hasn’t told us about all of the other players that haven’t ever scored and how many of those players had played for which team and which team had been in the bottom 8 in the last 20 years had he highest proportion of such players and more importantly whether they were left or right footed. Sorry, I’m ranting. I hate Bruce. My wife and I really like Richo because he’s not Bruce. B)

Feel pretty comfortable saying we should have been at least 4 goals up at 3qtr time. My god we are wasteful in front of goal.

If we could just build some score board pressure every now and then rather than constantly chasing the game you get the feeling the cinched will and the floodgates will open.

This team is actually capable of putting someone to the sword before the year is out. Tigers, GC, lions, blues are all very very winnable games. If the cats have a snooze for a while will make then sweet too.

Still expect the crows to get a hold of us over there though.

It was a really great effort by the team to hit the front in the last Q. What annoyed me was that Zerret had to run off after he kicked the goal to put us up. Our best center clearance mid when Zak is out leaves the field? Saints got the next couple of clearances & goals. He came back on and we kicked the final goal. But the game was over.

This is my most hated thing in football.

WHY FFS?

Here’s the thing Darli - there’s probably a reason for it, maybe even a very good reason for all I know. But why don’t we know what the reason is? There’s a small army of professional football journalists on electronic and print media and not once has this ever been explained. Either they are breathtakingly incompetent and simply do not know, or they have made inquiries and DO know but just haven’t found time to explain it to us during their incessant prattling on about the old days, salivations over Cyril and recitation of irrelevant and unilluminating statistics.

Just watching the replay.......I think I just got a Tipung-woody.

Have you considered dreads?

Why do they do that? I know in basketball you would never take a player off once they tad their eye in, unless they were exhausted. You’d leave them on. But afl they go off as soon as they score. Anyone know why?

It’s not so much that they go off because they score. It’s just their turn and it coincides with the goal.

I think it’s because even with the capped rotations, many midfielders have rough pre-set times to go off. But they try to do it at a major break in play so as not to get caught out on field with loose opposition players.

Might also explain why Zerret was off for so long and then came back right at the end, probably a set time.

I’m with you though, surely they can adjust this for the situation, especially late in the game.

Exactly, particularly, as you say, that, late in a game.

I'm worried about Richmond, their list is in the best shape it's been in for half a decade.........

We are going to leap frog those ■■■■■ next year haha.

Why do they do that? I know in basketball you would never take a player off once they tad their eye in, unless they were exhausted. You’d leave them on. But afl they go off as soon as they score. Anyone know why?

It’s not so much that they go off because they score. It’s just their turn and it coincides with the goal.

I think it’s because even with the capped rotations, many midfielders have rough pre-set times to go off. But they try to do it at a major break in play so as not to get caught out on field with loose opposition players.

Might also explain why Zerret was off for so long and then came back right at the end, probably a set time.

I’m with you though, surely they can adjust this for the situation, especially late in the game.

Ump laid a great shepherd on Riewoldt if I recall.

all players to carry one of these from now on:

FMD “cut the angle” FFS I don’t even.

FMD "cut the angle" FFS I don't even.

Yeah, fair to say they probably don’t have the best umps running around in the twilight Sunday games.

Heppell Hooker Hurley Colyer Zerrett Daniher Parish Langford Laverde Francis Tippa Fantasia

All have elite in them, If they all click together we can dominate this league.

I like Redman as well. Plus whoever we get with our picks #1-3 and #19-22 next year.

Plus the big fish that Sheedy has been promising since 2002

I really hope we don’t end up with those picks next year! Another year like this one with the guys back would be horrible!